Got Pissed. Bought A Car I Don't Need.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
fried onions

Re: Got Pissed. Bought A Car I Don't Need.

Post by fried onions »

Labour isn't cheap. Not even Polish labour.
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Warren t claim wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:30 pm Screenshot_20220530-182807.png

Fucking great.
I'm doing my best to meet this EU migrant worker at least halfway but he's not making it easy. I've offered him the chance to avoid going through his insurance by paying me £50 a week for five weeks but he's saying his insurance will only go up by £20 a month if I go through that. Today he agreed to meet me at 9.30pm to sort things out but when the time came and he didn't appear I walked over to the shop he delivers for only to be told he finished at 8.30pm!
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

He sounds a complete bellend.
Private signature, do not read
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Just start a claim though your insurance or speak to the ship directly?
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Aye, he's a wanker.
Take him to the feckin' cleaners.
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

You can't help anyone who won't help themselves.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

If he continues to be a pita remember your neck hurts and you've lost working days
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

AutoshiteBoy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:38 am You can't help anyone who won't help themselves.
I'm trying my best not to be a cunt over this. A slap is out of the question due to him being so fat it might actually kill him!

He's labouring under the misapprehension that just because he's got a protected NCB he'll be no worse off at renewal time.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

Warren t claim wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:11 pm Checked tyres today to discover that the OSR was down to 1.7mm. Nipped over to the garage I'm associated with and found a decent previously cherished example in the part worn stash so I bunged my mate who owns the place a tenner and two packs of Poundbakery chocolate cornflake cakes and I got my hands dirty swapping it over.

As the Fezza has a small missfire under load, not fantastic fuel economy coupled with struggling to put 80mph on the speedo I took the opportunity to plug it into his Snap On OBD fault finder. I removed the cover to the fuse box, reclined the driver's seat and spent a fruitless quarter of an hour squirreling away upside down trying to find the OBD2 port. After nearly passing out I crawled out admitting defeat and had a quick Google. It turns out that the OBD socket is located behind a tiny blanking plate in the passenger side footwell. After spending what seemed like an eternity going through all the menus the only code it came up with was for a faulty fuel gauge sender. Although the gauge is actually working I can see why it's coming up with that fault as when I folded the rear seats I saw that the metal around the pump and sender looked like it had been opened with a tin opener, the metal looked like the held open arse of the bloke in the goatsee viral internet picture.

Time to check the plugs then. Being a Ford Endura E engine somewhat predictably number 4 plug sheared as I was applying a gentle removal twist shattering the ceramic into the plug hole! As this happened before the plug was fully out I managed to blast the broken bits out with an air hose so disaster averted. I was only planning to remove the plugs and clean them with a wire brush but with the Fezza being system critical to my job I paid £11.20 for 4 replacements, much cheaper than the £70 I used to pay for a set in the Ioniq although I was richer then! New plugs were carefully inserted with copious amounts of copper grease on the threads and leads put back on after the HT caps were cleaned and WD40d.

Well, performance and economy have improved a fair bit but I think a new air filter might be the next step when funds allow.
Regards faulty fuel sender,its a ford thing. My focus does itas well as the trip computer tank range switching off. It's a common issue on this era of fords. Also a common issue is the diagnostics telling you absolutely sweet fuck all. My focus has an issue in occasion when it cranks but won't fire. Key off and key on and it will start. No eml on the dash. I've unplugged sensors and eml doesn't illuminate,when a plug lead went down too it didn't even put eml on even though it had a blatant misfire. Disconnect the man though and that puts the auto box warning on instead!
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Don't the clocks on early focii give trouble and weird problems?