Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Re: Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Post by mercrocker »

Bloody good start, too. Looking lush inside already.....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

mercrocker wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:12 pm Bloody good start, too. Looking lush inside already.....
I need to re board the door cards the bottom of one of them has been eaten :roll:

But in a very real dilemma of 2022 do i buy plywood or a thimble of gasoline?

Both are likely to bankrupt these days :roll:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Broccoli

Post by Broccoli »

That’s looking bloomin’ brilliant. I should have you over to do my 912. :)

You might not realize, but I’m Roobarb from the beige (I just had to check what name I used as I never go on there any more…)
If you need anything, I’m always willing to help where I can if you need anything. Just drop me a PM or my email hasn’t changed MNMunky etc…
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Broccoli wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:48 am That’s looking bloomin’ brilliant. I should have you over to do my 912. :)

You might not realize, but I’m Roobarb from the beige (I just had to check what name I used as I never go on there any more…)
If you need anything, I’m always willing to help where I can if you need anything. Just drop me a PM or my email hasn’t changed MNMunky etc…
Did realise it was you :o
Thanks,remember that Mustang you checked out for me in your area,that ended up getting saved by somebody else. It looked Fab up top but even though this one looked a mess it is a solid car :mrgreen:

But I'm glad that other one was saved it was just a bridge to far for me,besides it was a V6 :roll:

Not enough Hydrocarbons :lol:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Time for another update Methinks?

So that’s the Dash recolouring more of less done.
The interior is made up of trillions of little pieces that need recolouring but most are tiny.

I need to get the big bits done before the van goes as it’s a surrogate Painting Booth right now 😉
Main bits are Dash Shell which is all but done,Dash Top,Dash Top Pad,Centre Console and I might try and get the door cards done though not sore if I should reboard them first?

But dash components and console are what I have to get done before the van goes.

I’ve treated dash braces,painted with epoxy red oxide,Then Black Enamel.

The rear of the dash was given a patchy 1 coat blow over as that’s what they did in the factory

The dash front after thoroughly washing then degreasing and a couple of coats of adhesion promoter.

Under where the passenger side wood trim attaches there was factory writing scrawled on with a white paint pen I thought it would be a shame if it was lost (even though it’s covered) so I cut tiny thin strips of masking tape up to cover it before colour.

Then I gave the dash front several thin coats of the Ford Medium, Blue Metallic interior mix ;)

As you can see those letters were hard to mask perfectly but my plan is now to follow the lines with a white paint pen.
No idea what the numbers mean but it’s a bit of history so didn’t want to ain’t over it 😢

There’s a few hairline cracks on weak areas of the dash which I will later plastic weld from behind and blow over with the SEM paint and some broken bits on end he where it screws to bracing

but I have some cut off from a scrap dash that matches that end of the dash that I can plastic weld in and repair those areas as localised repairs 😉

The opposite end had one minimal scrap of damage so i thought id make something up to repair that but then the fell out of the rear of the dash it was hidden in a void :roll:

Turns out its the perfect jigsaw fit for the missing piece :shock:

Fancy that :lol:

Next step is a practise padded console life to check for comparability before moving on to the real thing 😉
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

June 16th, Mustang model 6 dash likely.

Took me a while to get used to the way the numbers 2, 4 and 6 are written here.
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

PhilA wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:18 pm June 16th, Mustang model 6 dash likely.

Took me a while to get used to the way the numbers 2, 4 and 6 are written here.
It probably doesn't tally with my car as the dash is out of a car two years newer (though they never really changed) but it was there and id like to preserve it if i can ;)

So I can cover it with trim :lol:

The things we do eh :roll:
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

8BAK465 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:12 pm
It probably doesn't tally with my car as the dash is out of a car two years newer (though they never really changed) but it was there and id like to preserve it if i can ;)

So I can cover it with trim :lol:

The things we do eh :roll:
No, that's just production codes. I had a similar dilemma with the writing on my firewall, in the end I saw it had etched into the metal so painted over it knowing it's still there.
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

So I’ve uncovered the Mustang it’s been sat for over a year under its cover!
Not good 😢

I fully expected to see rust and as you can see from the pics I panicked and thought I had rust when I uncovered it 😢
But it was just this recent sand storm!

I also expected it to smell like an old rancid sock but it didn’t 👍
The steering wheel crash pad is a bit moody apart from that it just smells of old vinyl 😀
Have drained the tank it was 2 year old fuel,if only we had smellyvision!

Since my fuel pick up is now on the base of the tank and j have a drain plug out it came,clearly water first which is why I drained it.
Once it was stinky fuel that went in a neighbours car didn’t want to run it in mine but I guess with fuel prices they did 🙄
I’d rather start it on fresh fuel 👍
Car was jam packed with spare trim id forgotten I had so much in there 😲

So will be gassing it up soon and seeing if it still runs🙄

Fingers Crossed 🤞
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

There's an amazing amount of sand on everything in Essex too, the Sahara must be noticeably lower after that storm.
Private signature, do not read