Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by brandersnatch »

Hooli wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:59 am Like a lot of older girls, much better in the dark :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Fucking yank rubbish. I fancied taking Quinn out today, but the mardy bitch won't start. Churns over, coughs, bangs & greyish smoke but no start. I've dried the plugs & found one (of four) was massively misgapped from the factory as they've never been out. Still won't go.

My suspicion is the new battery the dealer fitted in Dec is faulty as she'd been on the Optimate since yesterday to top her up as she'd not run for two weeks but it's still not showing fully charged.

Wish I could remember where I put that damn drop tester I got ages ago on Eddie's advice.
Private signature, do not read
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

Warren t claim wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:40 am
Pah! Wasn't trying hard enough to burn fuel. 1.2 US gallons is just 1 Imperial gallon.

I managed 18 mpg on my Suzuki GT550 Triple (with a 3 into 1 Piper expansion chamber fitted) on many spirited, but not lunatic, rides, but 25 mpg was more the average.

God, I miss that bike
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

Hooli wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:44 am Fucking yank rubbish. I fancied taking Quinn out today, but the mardy bitch won't start. Churns over, coughs, bangs & greyish smoke but no start. I've dried the plugs & found one (of four) was massively misgapped from the factory as they've never been out. Still won't go.

My suspicion is the new battery the dealer fitted in Dec is faulty as she'd been on the Optimate since yesterday to top her up as she'd not run for two weeks but it's still not showing fully charged.

Wish I could remember where I put that damn drop tester I got ages ago on Eddie's advice.
That’s a pain. Is that the drop tester over there on the cupboard? No? Keep looking it’ll turn up.

Always happy to help.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

brandersnatch wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:09 am
Hooli wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:44 am Wish I could remember where I put that damn drop tester I got ages ago on Eddie's advice.
That’s a pain. Is that the drop tester over there on the cupboard? No? Keep looking it’ll turn up.

Always happy to help.
Find mine while you're at it. Haven't seen mine for ages. Might of left it at Tommy's.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

brandersnatch wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:09 am
Hooli wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:44 am Fucking yank rubbish. I fancied taking Quinn out today, but the mardy bitch won't start. Churns over, coughs, bangs & greyish smoke but no start. I've dried the plugs & found one (of four) was massively misgapped from the factory as they've never been out. Still won't go.

Always happy to help.
Solved it. I put her two easy to get at plugs in the gas hob for a couple of mins and it started after much spluttering.

Been thinking while on a little ride about and the only thing I'd done differently was wash it cold and just put it away again. I reckon I got the exposed air filter too wet and as the bike wasn't still warm it didn't dry out while parked. Hence the wet plugs that didn't smell of petrol.

On the bright side now all four plugs are gapped correctly it's smoother than it's ever been when pulling from low revs.youd think the factory would manage to fit correctly gapped plugs wouldn't ya?
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

I think you are giving them too much credit....I have had plugs open up in use though.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Three were a touch wide, so as I'd expect at 24k. One was under half the correct gap, so I'd say fitted wrong.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Hooli wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:41 pm exposed sir filter too wet
1301.jpg
1301.jpg (179.62 KiB) Viewed 312 times

YOU FAT-HANDED TWAT!