Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by paulplom »

I dropped the boy's scooter off at the garage I've started using for my van etc. Canny bloke and wife team and probably around my age. He runs a kids football team and they both have banter so we get on well. He said he'd had it running in ten mins but the carb is pissing fuel out, return something, jet something and I'd blocked something else with hylomar.
He's ordered a new carb and he'll let me know when it's done. Where the fuck he's getting a carb for a 1986 vision I don't know.

I did originally go to the place that serviced and mot'd it. The bloke was a short tempered old wanker and I let him know it.
I told him the issue 'Don't do it' really? you serviced it 'Don't do it' But it says you service and repair on that big sign outside (turns his back on me) 'I don't fucking do it!'
I'm all for supporting small businesses but he can go and fuck himself.

I mentioned this to the guy who has the bike, both he and his mechanic confirmed that he is indeed an old cunt.
Probably stems from the fact it's located next to the Meadowell a really rough estate famed for a massive riot in the early '90s. Imagine the fucking scrotes he has to deal with day in day out with their illegal pit bikes etc.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

What a nutter. How the fuck does he hang on?
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Warren t claim wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:31 pm
Warren t claim wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:40 pm This Saturday marks the 18th anniversary of my first day as a trainee instructor.

Probably the only previous job I actually miss.
I follow on FB a localish bike school and after a few beers I posted on a thread offering best wishes to a couple of new bike instructors that they'd taken on. I did mention that I used to instruct and the company replied...

"Warren, If you fancy giving it a go again give me a message. We are always looking for good Instructor’s and are an expanding bike school".

To be honest, with the Ioniq nearly paid off I could probably fit this into my schedule. Feeling a bit flirtatious, I enquired whether I'd have to go back to Cardington, the DSA assessment centre, again. They replied...

"Ultimately it’s Chadderton now. Down Trained would get you going again".

I'm not sure whether I mentioned it earlier on the thread, but Down Trained means that a qualified instructor has signed you off to conduct CBTs. To achieve this back in 2003 I watched the senior instructor do one CBT and then he supervised me conducting the next CBT. I'm sure he had to pay some sort of registration fee to the DSA but I doubt it was more than a few quid. I didn't pay anything.

Now, me being "Down Trained" would mean that I could CBT two learners earning the school £199 each, a big jump from the £70 we charged 18 years ago! We've not talked about how much they'll pay me for that yet.

Being curious, I had a mooch on their website and came across this...

cbt1.PNG

Hmm... So you want me to pay a grand to earn YOU money? If they're willing to pay me £100 per pupil per CBT I'll consider it.
The place my mate does it gets them to do four weeks for free before signing them off.
Private signature, do not read
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Paul there is sweet FA reason to fit a new carb unless you've physically broken something! The chances of getting a carb that is correctly jetted let alone has the right slide etc by buying a generic one of eBay is zero.
Honda may still list one and have it available to back order but they used to be reasonably expensive.
When I worked in the bike shop spares department we used to get asked for them the whole time, I think we ever actually only ever sold one, most of the time we just told them how to strip and clean it out if they weren't sure sent them to the workshop for them to have a few minutes doing it.
Even the worst carbs from bikes that had sat for decades always got cleaned up and ran fine.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

The boy got his scooter back today. New carb, coil and plug. He also rewired the headlight even though the cunt that mot'd it had already done it. He's used almost a full tank of fuel *testing it and reckons it nudges 40 now. I dopped the boy off and he rode it back. He came in the house and I said well, does it do 40? He said, don't know I was only on 30mph roads.
Fair play but come on man. What the fuck have I raised here? You wouldn't have seen me for dust. I said get some miles on it before you drive it to footy training tomorrow.
He took the dog out instead, went upstairs and I haven't seen him since. Ffs man.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Fb memory from a few years ago.
Can you tell what it's off?
Attachments
Polish_20210929_182043382.png
Polish_20210929_182043382.png (968.27 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Coffin tank RD250/400.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Was about to say that, did you check in case the rest of the bike was stashed under there as well?
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I did. There was a fucked front wheel and a seat iirc. Why would you hide that?
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

The tank was fucked.
Attachments
Polish_20210929_185036099.png
Polish_20210929_185036099.png (941.06 KiB) Viewed 1256 times