Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by xtriple »

Hooli wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:45 pm Yeah I think his BMW was well over £20k with the add-ons he got with it. But then as he was telling us when he bought a new 32ft boat he kept in Ibiza just to keep some money away from the tax man years ago I think he can afford it.
Sounds like he might have a bob or two stashed away :) New my 1800 was over 20 grand what with Honda's pricing of various 'packs' music, heat, comfort, navigation etc. Some of which you could only have if you had another one as well. But riding along with the seat heaters, foot heaters, heated armrests for the passenger and heated backrests, music playing from the headphones (standard Honda headphones!) and chatting away thru the built-in VOX was surreal! It also had cruise and Navigation all built-in, it was better equipped than most 4 wheeled cars (GoldWings being 2 wheeled cars, so I was told frequently :) )

God, I miss my bikes :(
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

Today I bought a trailer.
Tomorrow I go and view another Cagiva. Not a Mito this time.
Still a 125 2 stroke.
Pics if it happens, it looks good and is apparently "restored". If it smells right, I'll have it.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I didn't take any pics because potato-cam. But I rode the new Mrs Hooli's Hornet 600 back to hers tonight as she's not insured on it yet. Apart from being tiny & cramped for normal sized legs it felt a damn good bike. Rides well, smooth & stuff, should be getting her out on it tomorrow after she rings the insurance as trying pay online fails every time. Should fit her fine too as she's about 5'2".
Private signature, do not read
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Hooli wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:26 pm But I rode the new Mrs Hooli's back at hers tonight. Apart from being tiny & cramped for normal sized legs it felt damn good. Rides well, smooth & stuff
FTFY :lol:
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Hooli wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:26 pm I didn't take any pics because potato-cam. But I rode the new Mrs Hooli's Hornet 600 back to hers tonight as she's not insured on it yet. Apart from being tiny & cramped for normal sized legs it felt a damn good bike. Rides well, smooth & stuff, should be getting her out on it tomorrow after she rings the insurance as trying pay online fails every time. Should fit her fine too as she's about 5'2".
How old is it? I found the early ones a bit bland with a power delivery that was a bit too linear and smooth.

My memories off the 600 Hornet include going on a ride out with myself on a carb fed GSXR600, another lad on a SV1000 and this Turkish lad called Muzzy on his 600 Hornet. We were riding to Blacks bike breakers in Ormskirk an myself and Goldie (not the Blue Peter dog) on the SV were constantly having to pull over to let Muzzy catch up. Anyway, when we hit the Formby By Pass myself and Goldie becided to go for it on the dual carrageway between the roundabouts. His SV was blisteringly quick out of the roundabouts but over 120mph I had the legs on him. Everything was going well, I got to the point were I was taking the opportunity to use the straights to check guages and stuff when we encountered a set of traffic lights neithe rof us were expecting! We both slammed on at maybe 130ish and went for the same gap in the lines of traffic... I swear both of us had our rear wheels in the air, my chain was dancing over my sprocket and more by luck than good judgement both of us lived to tell the tale.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Eddie Honda wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:33 pm
Hooli wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:26 pm But I rode the new Mrs Hooli's back at hers tonight. Apart from being tiny & cramped for normal sized legs it felt damn good. Rides well, smooth & stuff
FTFY :lol:
Still working on that :lol: I wouldn't have been online if I'd got that far.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Warren t claim wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:22 am
Hooli wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:26 pm I didn't take any pics because potato-cam. But I rode the new Mrs Hooli's Hornet 600 back to hers tonight as she's not insured on it yet. Apart from being tiny & cramped for normal sized legs it felt a damn good bike. Rides well, smooth & stuff, should be getting her out on it tomorrow after she rings the insurance as trying pay online fails every time. Should fit her fine too as she's about 5'2".
How old is it? I found the early ones a bit bland with a power delivery that was a bit too linear and smooth.
02. She's not ridden very much for a few years for various reasons, so a bit bland is ideal. I didn't get it past about 6k so never saw the power delivery topend, but I was impressed with how it'd pull cleanly from low revs. Something that always makes a bike easier to ride when you don't down shift enough as nervous.

I've not seen her ride yet, but will hopefully later today.
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

Short in the leg?
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Drum wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:50 am
Short in the leg?
:lol: not that short legged, just generally small.
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

Arthur Foxhake wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:49 pm Today I bought a trailer.
Tomorrow I go and view another Cagiva. Not a Mito this time.
Still a 125 2 stroke.
Pics if it happens, it looks good and is apparently "restored". If it smells right, I'll have it.
I had it. Decent condition for a '91 2 stroke.
Comes with 2 original keys and a comprehensive load of pics showing the rebuild.
It's not a concourse resto, it has been done well enough though.
Pics when I've got it off the trailer later.