What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Re: What did you do today?

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

I bet it looks tremendous in the flesh - I'd hoover it out and drive as is.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Had some time to look at the Boxster today. Don't have my tools especially my jack but had my trusty Halfords big socket set.

First off to check the boot and the coolant reservoir.

Pretty much dry in there. Not totally dry but that's because I spilt water when topping up the reservoir.

Anyway bumper came off easy enough. Some fastenings are missing, but enough to hold the bumper on.

This car has a category D marker against it. However I can't see any damage on the front end. All the fastenings, especially on the crash beam looks untouched out of the factory.

Water on the floor is where it's been peeing out the bottom over the last few days.

Anyway let's carry on. The radiators have a funky rubbery plastic duct on them.

5 torx screws and it was off. Air conditioning condenser lives on the front

Two bolts and a bit of prising got it off. Notice the bend on it. Maybe something hit the front and broke the bumper - which caused the cat D?

A little bit of crud at the bottom.

Top doesn't really have any crud really but it's where it's leaking. Especially in the corner on the top right.

It's running down the front of the radiator to out the bottom.

Other side isn't leaking but is deteriorated.

When I say deteriorated, I mean like this:
[youtube][/youtube]

I'm going to have both rads replaced as a precaution. Just 20 years old radiators in an exposed area have taken their toll. At least it isn't the air conditioning condensers. More expense and regas to replace them than the radiators. My mum had the condensers replaced on her Cayman - £600 at an independent garage.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

I took the Cowley out today - shopping. We needed milk and cereal before tomorrow morning and I knew I would have to drive by the first 3 shops owing to massive fucking queues. Bloody thing started misfiring - to the point that I took it straight home. I'd had the dizzy out last weekend to do the heater valve so that was my first suspect. It's not helped by the shitty plug wires that I keep meaning to replace - they still shoot the jizz but have god-awful connectors that more than once have been pulled out of place by the horrid modern rubber boots around their ends. However, I think the culprit might actually have been wanky spade connectors from the dizzy to the coil. Going to dig out some proper screw-end connectors tomorrow and rid myself of that potential pitfall. And order some new leads.....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
I am not Diesel
Location: Knocking one out to the free 10 minutes on Babestation.

Post by I am not Diesel »

I fitted new door handles and locks to my Defender. The key had snapped in the rear door. I dragged my Lambretta's out of the garage, pumped up the tyres, polished the ally bits with Autosol and started them up.
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

This fine weather is indeed conducive to repairing cars and generating lost enthusiasm.
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

I purchased a citroen picasso yesterday lunch. And another last night
MLOR

Post by MLOR »

bub2006 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:33 am I purchased a citroen picasso yesterday lunch. And another last night
Any bets on when one of them will be crashed or catch on fire... :P
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

MLOR wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:39 am
bub2006 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:33 am I purchased a citroen picasso yesterday lunch. And another last night
Any bets on when one of them will be crashed or catch on fire... :P
Into each other?
Private signature, do not read
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

I thought your missus had a Toyota or something and you had a Mobility car.

Did you try and jump start one from the other and blow them up so you now need two replacement cars?
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

The Corolla has been sold,I've still got the mini but it's doing 30mpg locally so replaced corolla with a picasso diesel. The mini used for longer distances and days out when this shit is lifted. Pic has towbar too for tip and shit shifting. The other puck was 75 quid mot failure so me and my friend went half and hes stripped things like towbar,stalks and mirrors for his,I've had 4 wheels with nearly new tyres and rear silencer plus put a load of sundries in shed like switches etc. Weve then scrapped the 75 quid pic after cherry picking it and got 110 back. Made a profit plus plenty of spares. Winner all round.