What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Re: What did you do today?

Post by CLINT »

Yeah they are really boring, never need to do anything on it. You know how much I have spent on my 17 year old X Trail in the last year? £6.

Next MoT is looming though and a surprising amount of rot has appeared in the last year...
OMG U OK HUN?
cros
The Elastrator

Post by cros »

CLINT wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:22 pm Yeah they are really boring, never need to do anything on it. You know how much I have spent on my 17 year old X Trail in the last year? £6.

Next MoT is looming though and a surprising amount of rot has appeared in the last year...
I might be better with one of them to pull my boat. What do you get to the galleon out of it?
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

cros wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:26 pm
CLINT wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:22 pm Yeah they are really boring, never need to do anything on it. You know how much I have spent on my 17 year old X Trail in the last year? £6.

I might be better with one of them to pull my boat. What do you get to the galleon out of it?
I can't work out if this is a typo, a freudian slip or deliberate
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

Never less than 30mpg. 2.2 Diesel. The only issue I have is that first gear is a bit too high geared and the engine isn't that torquey at low revs so you need to slip the clutch a bit on hill starts with a big trailer on. A small boat should be fine though but maybe I've just been spoilt as I had Shoguns before, but I do miss having the low box sometimes but I don't miss Shogun mpg which is why I no longer have it!
OMG U OK HUN?
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

chadders wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:50 pm

I can't work out if this is a typo, a freudian slip or deliberate
No navel gazing here please, don't make waves.
OMG U OK HUN?
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

15000 Miles per Galleon.jpg
15000 Miles per Galleon.jpg (49.44 KiB) Viewed 4015 times
Private signature, do not read
cros
The Elastrator

Post by cros »

CLINT wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:08 pm
CLINT wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:22 pm
Never less than 30mpg. 2.2 Diesel. The only issue I have is that first gear is a bit too high geared and the engine isn't that torquey at low revs so you need to slip the clutch a bit on hill starts with a big trailer on. A small boat should be fine though but maybe I've just been spoilt as I had Shoguns before, but I do miss having the low box sometimes but I don't miss Shogun mpg which is why I no longer have it!
I tried a 3 door shogun and l liked it greatly. Then I saw the Freelander with fag burns in its seats, layers of sweaty fat on the steering wheel, moss on the glass and all for a tenth of the price, so I had to have it. 3.3 diesel is probly no thirstier than a 1.8 petrol but I just can't bring myself to pay what they fetch.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

cros wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:15 pm
CLINT wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:08 pm
I tried a 3 door shogun and l liked it greatly. Then I saw the Freelander with fag burns in its seats, layers of sweaty fat on the steering wheel, moss on the glass and all for a tenth of the price, so I had to have it. 3.3 diesel is probly no thirstier than a 1.8 petrol but I just can't bring myself to pay what they fetch.
A V8 Land Cruiser Amazon is the thinking mans answer here, a couple of gallons of wax oil on purchase an LPG conversion and you should have virtually depreciation free motoring
cros
The Elastrator

Post by cros »

I had intended to LPG the Freelander but I'm better now. What year and price of land cruiser are we talking here?
Actually I should expand a bit on the gas business- I had hopes for the new liquid injection type which doesn't hit power output but there seems to be issues arising from using the car's original injectors which certainly, and probably literally, makes the K series a non-starter.
A vehicle that wouldn't miss a few hp would be a much better idea.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Bought some new aero wiper blades from asda to replace the squeaky ones on the 850.
They don't clear the screen and are missing large patches. Is there a technique to fix this or have I just wasted 8 quid?