What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Re: What did you do today?

Post by paulplom »

It won't be in the police interest to inform them surely. It's a criminal matter surely.
christine

Post by christine »

At least you know this ones not wobbed up . :P
Blimey , if it had been the Midget or Dolomite , the whole car woulda fell to bits :lol:
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Stupid thing is, he had a relatively new looking Mondeo Mk5 on a private plate. He ended up bending his door edge in and taking the paint off the edge too. So caused far more expensive damage to his own car than he did to mine.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

LynehamHerc wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:09 pm There's lowlifes everywhere just looking for an argument, at least it's not one of your decent cars and you didnt get smacked, not much comfort I know.
Ah if I got smacked and it killed me, Mrs SiC would get the house paid off and (iirc) four times my income in cash. So she'd do alright. :lol:

I suspect if I was driving one of my other cars, he probably wouldn't have done it. I'd just been to the tip, so I was wearing my scruffy clothes (shorts that I've ripped and had sewed together because cheapskate :lol: ) and obviously driving a rather scruffy looking car. Makes me wonder if he just thought "A Scruffy Pleb who is Poor" and kicked off one as he thought I was in his way.

I can't be bothered to follow up too much more than I have, I'll leave the police to handle it and I'll tell them whatever they need to know. If he's prepared to kick off like that to me, it could have easily been someones daughter/wife/gran/etc.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

You've bought a car that belonged to someone who has upset someone.

Dispose of it quick.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Anyway all this kaffle has meant I haven't got the ride-on mower tyre fixed, so the lawn isn't cut. I'd hope to have done that a few hours ago so I could get on with the Midget today.

The way today has gone, I probably won't get time to. Maybe its worth claiming for distress that I haven't managed to do any stress relief today... 🤔
(Actually did shake me up a bit tbh, especially as it happened all so quickly and he was a fair bit bigger than I was in both height and girth)
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I can imagine. Fuck it all off and have a bottle of wine.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Ask for the CCTV from the garage as evidence, or tell them that they need to save that bit not record over it as the police will want it
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Record over it? It's not 1990 🤣

I said to them that I'd be calling the police about it, so they should keep it. Like most petrol stations, they have ANPR for fuel theft reasons and no doubt some super high def cameras all over the forecourt for the same reasons. It's not pay at pump either, so they should have some good captures of him going into the shop for id'ing him.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Took the Merc to the petrol station (as a treat for it you understand) and stuck £50 of super-green in it, paid using the card thingy at the pump and made the dogs stay in the car... Chester sat in the footwell as good as gold while Bella kicked up fuck even though I was only three feet away from her. Then went to Pets at Home and took her in (it was easier than the argument) and spent way too much on treats for the sods. I then drove to the park via the seafront (fastest, most direct way) and was appalled and angered (repeatedly) by fuckwits in the wrong lane, not understanding basic traffic laws/signs/lanes/red lights/how to drive and was rapidly reaching boiling point when, while sat in traffic (caused by some halfwit parking in completely the wrong place and blocking the entire road) when some random bloke walking by, fell in love with Bella who was sat properly in the passenger seat and they had a lovely conversation while we waited for the road to clear.
Cheered me up no end and I stopped, if only for a moment, hating everyone.