What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Hooli »

From memory of years ago, that doesn't sound too different in real valves to the galvy chassis for Series LRs sold by Paddocks etc?
Private signature, do not read
christine

Post by christine »

Golf failed mot ,both lower control arms fucked . Being auto , the engine and tranny are in the way on the near side front bolt pin ....
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Potential for piss-take...

I bought some 'Jaguar' stickers to go on the brake callipers (lovingly restored and re-painted as they are) from Etsy which arrived the t'other day, they not only look like utter shite (another brilliant idea fucked up by craftsmen!) but they won't even stick to themselves let alone anything else, definitely NOT brake calipers. Filed carefully, WPB!
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Is it the bushes that are gone? I've had stuff from the auctions where somebody has smashed a load of nails into the bush to take the play out of it...
christine

Post by christine »

Ive turned up bigger collars before now to take up wobbly shock bushes . .. shocking really :roll:
ive ordered 2 control arms now ,and droplinks ..slackened all the bolts ready . Mot man said dont buy cheap ones ,they wont last ..so i bought cheap ones :lol: As soon as i get that Civic ,the golf is going to "car take back " fucking thing it is .
christine

Post by christine »

xtriple wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:52 pm Potential for piss-take...

I bought some 'Jaguar' stickers to go on the brake callipers (lovingly restored and re-painted as they are) from Etsy which arrived the t'other day, they not only look like utter shite (another brilliant idea fucked up by craftsmen!) but they won't even stick to themselves let alone anything else, definitely NOT brake calipers. Filed carefully, WPB!
You need sticky callipers ..
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

christine wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:29 pm
xtriple wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:52 pm Potential for piss-take...

You need sticky callipers ..
No, I really fuckin' don't thank you!

However, as I washed the dollop yesterday and it looked fairly okay but nowt special, I decided (post walkies natch!) to polish the sod. Out came the Meguirs super duper spray wax that is brilliant and dead easy (just my kind of stuff) and did the whole car while I was waiting for Sky arts to load up. Sun was shining, warm and dry (in February? Whatever next?) and Bellend was outside sat by me, helping (or hindering more accurately as she lay between me and the car) while Chester wandered in and out to enjoy the sunshine/go indoors 'cos he was too hot/uncomfortable/needed his bed.
IMG_20230228_170649.jpg
IMG_20230228_170649.jpg (561.99 KiB) Viewed 228 times
IMG_20230228_170709.jpg
IMG_20230228_170709.jpg (436.7 KiB) Viewed 228 times
The old girl does look super-duper though I seem to be utterly incapable of cleaning windows as they are STILL smeared with 'Nose art' and snotters.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

However, I now really need to do the Merc as it is in a right state. Part of the problem is the Sahara sand but a bigger part is the back of it is covered in little flakes of carbon fibre that I spent a fucking age scraping off. Oh well, job for tomorrow... when it will probably snow!
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

That does look a lovely motor.
christine

Post by christine »

I removed the golf tca on the bastard side ... had to move the tranny upwards and forwards 50mm .Book of lies said it was necessary , and it was ...