What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Drum »

DodgeRover wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:27 pm Been watching a bloke who uses one on YouTube, he puts a straight edge down as a guide then runs along it with the torch, looks to get nice straight cuts.
That's the way I did it.

Funnily enough, one time I forgot to connect the earth lead but it didn't seem to make any difference. The clamp was just lying on the floor.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Finally found the cause of knocking on the van that the last garage couldn't. This track rod end has loads of play. Does it look easy enough to change?
Attachments
20240415_122923.jpg
20240415_122923.jpg (430.01 KiB) Viewed 294 times
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Passed the last mot like that too. I really have been shafted several times with this fucking van.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

You said that about the last van, maybe it's you?
Private signature, do not read
fraser

Post by fraser »

paulplom wrote:Finally found the cause of knocking on the van that the last garage couldn't. This track rod end has loads of play. Does it look easy enough to change?
I'll change it for you while you fit my new boilerImage

Sent from my RMO-NX1 using Tapatalk

paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I've rang baxi and they've confirmed it won't do lpg. With it being their budget model they removed the option. Presumably from the software as they are identical inside.
fraser

Post by fraser »

paulplom wrote:I've rang baxi and they've confirmed it won't do lpg. With it being their budget model they removed the option. Presumably from the software as they are identical inside.
Bastards!

Sent from my RMO-NX1 using Tapatalk

SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

paulplom wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:31 pm Finally found the cause of knocking on the van that the last garage couldn't. This track rod end has loads of play. Does it look easy enough to change?
Depends how rusted that retaining nut is. But then you have a MAP torch. Will need an alignment afterwards.
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

Realised why I don’t like VAG shit and rarely entertain it. Daughter No3 ‘s TT again, this time it broke down in Cambridge on Sunday . 11hours for the RAC to recover it 50 miles and diagnose a broken injector, my man Waseem put 4 new plugs and one coil pack in it and it’s right as rain. Of course she’d got no money so I’m £120 down on the day - this is why the rest of the family fleet is Merc, BMW or Porsche, fuckin Dubshit😂
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

Not today but yesterday and I wasn't in a great mood to write about it last night.
Ordered a new cambelt kit,wheel bearing and rear brake shoes for the van. £240 quids worth of bits including the few quid I paid a garage to press out the old bearing and press in the new one on the front hub. Before we started the work I nipped to looms scrapyard for a comms unit as the one on the van died yesterday morning. Airbag trigger was faulty for a while so airbag light was on and occasionally the indicators didn't work right but in the morning it decided to keep iheadlights on regardless of switch position.
On the way back from scrapyard the brakes went a bit weird coming down the steep hill in a 60 zone towards the 30 zone. Removed rear drums and the shoes are ok so I've not changed them but ended up having to buy new wheel cylinders as they were weeping which I assumed had failed under heavy braking and that's what made the brakes go a bit spongy. Fitted new cambelt,flushed the coolant,rebled and refilled as well as the auxiliary belt. Would the brakes bleed up? Would they fuck.
A few pumps on the pedal got a form of working brakes but they'd slowly sink or have no pressure at all on first push. Stripped and rebled rears and fronts just incase of any air had found a way into somewhere and still no joy.
My mate had a look under dash and found bellows to pedal were sodden with brake fluid. Servo has died. Oh deep joy.
Fuck sticks. Not what I need but the van has done over 160k now and 12500 in past 6 months,most of that doing deliveries which is probably equivalent to at least 20k of motorway driving. I've a spare servo from the other van. Just hope it works ok.