What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Hooli »

Eddie Honda wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:13 pm
SiC wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:28 pm Bugger me is it difficult to find any modern porridge at the moment that mostly works and isn't fucked for reasonable money. Even something with a Vauxhall badge seems to be far more than it should be.

Just want a simple modern petrol as a cheap runaround as really could do with something over the winter. Need to sort the Bini but really lacking time to get it sorted. Also the Boxster is having its roof fixed soon and will be gone for a week or so down Devon.
EURO4 CAZ-friendly modern porridge? HONDA JIZZ!
Porridge is too an exciting word to be used for Jizzes.
Private signature, do not read
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

They are a cheese sandwich on white supermarket bread. Easily digestible and guaranteed to fill you up everytime, but not one bit exciting. Coincidentally also loved by old people too.

I genuinely don't mind them and will thoroughly recommend them to their target demographic (in the UK). I've driven quite a number of them as Honda courtesy cars both in manual and CVT flavour. Super easy to drive and easy to park. Just gutless and aimed for a certain demographic. Like Nissan Micras, Vauxhall Merivas, etc.

I'm not that demographic.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

I've driven one & thought it felt like a motorised crisp packet. It felt amazingly flimsy as if it'd dent in a strong breeze.
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

Fault finding on the Porsche today.
Just had it running with leads direct to the starter, that's a fucking relief.
Now to find out what the problem is, stopping it start from the key.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

I assume it's not immobiliser/alarm then? as I think they normally cut the fuel pump too.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Does it have a tracker? Mine was in the boot behind the panels near the ECU. There was wires that connected to the fuel relay (and iirc starter circuit) in the front fusebox to detect if the engine was running. I ripped it all out but I could imagine if it was badly installed, it could have broken the connections. Mine wasn't particularly well spliced into the loom and I ended up repairing the loom.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Oh have you checked the ignition switch? They're prone to breaking up internally. Cheap enough to throw one at it as they're all prone to failing. I put the cheap aftermarket one on mine from Design911 and works fine.
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

Going to have a push switch under the dash I think.
Not spending any more time or money on it now, next owner can sort it if they want.
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

Hooli wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:07 am I assume it's not immobiliser/alarm then? as I think they normally cut the fuel pump too.
No, I changed the immobiliser and ECU at great cost already, it's a signal issue, probably the ignition switch.
I'm not taking the dash apart to change it, I want to put the interior back in, after having to remove half of it to get the sodden carpet out, not take it apart any further.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Wiring in a naff push button is more work than replacing the ignition switch. Definitely don't need to remove the dash to replace it.