Sics Consolidated Faded Moderns Thread - 2006 Golf Mk5 GTI & 2004 BMW Z4 2.2

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
SiC
It's S small i C

Re: Sics Consolidated Moderns Thread

Post by SiC »

Would explain it
christine

Post by christine »

Yup , and the offside damaged paint ..where it hit the wall... :P
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Largest expenditure to date on the Fabia. £36 for this which includes the washer pump. Has markings scrubbed off so I wouldn't be surprised if it's effectively genuine VAG.

One thing about VAG is that their parts are cheap and plentiful. Mostly because they tend to get through them...

Just now need to fit it. Bumper off job and it's been raining. Fun*

In other news, I've been Googling VAG 1.4 16v high clutch bite point and apparently TADIS on many. People have had their clutches + gearboxes changed out and the bite point hasn't lowered. Would be interesting to know others experience of them and if they find them high. Could be the fact they are tuned to be feather light and thus compromise is the travel on the master to slave isn't far on them.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Bumper off

Three bolts for the water tank to come off. The tank mounting lugs were snapped and this is almost certainly where the water was leaking out. Almost certain had a whack on the front bumper and hit the tank.

For 36 quid the tank even came with a new pump. Would be rude not to fit it too

Old

New. Pipes were a fancy push fitting rather than trying to get a pipe over a ribbed area

Gave me a chance to check PAS level. Despite it not showing on the dipstick, the fluid was between the min and max marks. This is good as it doesn't need topping up nor has any leaked.

Tank went it. The front mounting lug was in the wrong place. Again suggesting the tank has been hit.

Bent that in place and bolted up

Bumper back on. Under the tank, the bumper fitting is broken off. I bet either someone came off a kerb a bit fast and bounced the corner or hit a low pillar/bollard or similar. No scratches on the bumper though.

Nearside fog light was manky inside. I think its had water get through it and leak inside.

The bulb had blown up too. Probably water on the bulb envelope that caused it to shatter when the fog light was turned on.

I opened up the back to gave a quick clean and wipe through. I'll look out for a new bulb. A HB4 on eBay is a fiver which is a fair bit for something I'll never use. Pretty sure I have a spare kicking around somewhere.

Filled the tank, checked for leaks and tested the pump. In doing so I moved the seat and put my hand on another handle. Turns out there is a storage bin under the seat! Bet it's never been used.

The passenger side has a CD Changer! Unfortunately the head unit isn't connected to it anymore either. I bet this has never been used either. Did anyone ever use a CD Changer?

Bonus picture of the Dealer sticker on the back. I believe this is somewhere near Lymington, Southampton area.

Nice little easy job changing this tank. Kept me amused this evening at least.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

SiC wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:12 pm Did anyone ever use a CD Changer?
ImageNWL478T 006 by E Honda, on Flickr

Yeah, had one under the rear seat of the Maxi (because Minidisc head unit)
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

My X-trail takes 6 CDs and so did the Santa Fe I had. It also had a cassette player which is quite late for a 2007 model.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I use the cd changer in the audi for the cds I get from the car boot sales.
Home bargins does a little pack thing with three different halogen bulbs, brake bulbs, side light bulbs and random fuses for £2.69. I fitted a headlight bulb in the 107 on Sunday. A bit of a pita job when you have man hands.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I've got a six disc changer in the XJR & use it all the time.

Back in t'day, I'd cut the back out of the glovebox in Escrotes & Onions to fit a CD changer in there.
Private signature, do not read
BusmansHoliday

Post by BusmansHoliday »

SiC wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:12 pm
The passenger side has a CD Changer! Unfortunately the head unit isn't connected to it anymore either. I bet this has never been used either. Did anyone ever use a CD Changer?
Sure did. In fact I did exactly the same sort of fitting in my W reg one. The original radio was a custom double din unit but Skoda actually offered the little bin to go under a single din radio in their spares list.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

I forgot this forum is full of oldies 🤣