United States of GRIZZ - Just how random do you want it?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Re: United States of GRIZZ - Just how random do you want it?

Post by paulplom »

I got pulled three times last week in tesco. Before that it was months ago.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Pull me once and that would be it. Poke yer fucking shop. I've gone through life without thieving and won't take kindly to suspicion falling on me now.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Just open the fucking tills if you want staff to check it all.
Private signature, do not read
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

It's the handset that dobs you in. They take it off you and scan half a dozen things. Pretty painless unless you're on the rob.
I did get collared a few years back with 18 bottles of king goblin. I put them all in my trolley but forgot to scan them. Everything else was scanned amd it was an honest mistake. She didn't fucking believe me and still eyes me with suspicion everytime she sees me. Bitch.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

I have just been down Asda to get some milk. Mrs rings me, can I get a bar of chocolate? Can I fuck. The confectionery aisle is rammed full of bed-blocking fat cunts on scooters getting their Easter fix as the shop might be shut on Sunday. There was practically road rage going on in there. Got chocolate in newsagent, fuck Asda.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

mercrocker wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:15 am Pull me once and that would be it. Poke yer fucking shop. I've gone through life without thieving and won't take kindly to suspicion falling on me now.
The last time I got stopped for a random* rescan I just said I don't have time for this crap, I'll leave it here and you can put it all back, and started to walk away, amazingly she said don't worry and just let me pay as normal.
I make a point of trying not to use them now, local Sainsbury's only has 2 manned tills now though so they pretty much lost our custom.
Grizz

Post by Grizz »

You know those days where you are busy all day but have nothing to show for it?

Couple of them this week.

Some of you may recall that I built a small raised sandbox for Sallys grandson during Covid.

Sand was super expensive but my time was not.

Harry her older grandson always plays in it when he visits.
He has been joined by a brother, Alfie now, about a year old.

So the rime had come to replace the plywood lid and to repaint it more appropriately.

I used some checkered vinyl that was in the back of my 1963 Ford Taunus Transit.

Painted it all.

Then headed to Sallys place and painted the box.

Also made a new name and redecorated the step.

I will tackle the paving with my pressure washer some time in the next few weeks

Box done

New name plate and step painted.

And put together yesterday.

Sallys younger son, Ryan, was 24 this week.

His choice for a birthday dinner was a kebab and chiips from the kebab shop 200 meters from home.

I passed on my normal choice of fish and chips and went for a lamb kebab, salad and chips.

We also watched Topgun. Maverick on Netflix and Sally stayed awake for the whole movie.

Today is Saturday so shops are open.

I have a parcel to post.

The excess from the garage continues to sell out in fits and starts despite the number of illiterates not becoming any less.

Still, despite the irritation, cash is king.
If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem mate.
nebuchenezer
Captain Turdseye!

Post by nebuchenezer »

Get some Wet and Forget and spray the paving with it. Better than spending an age with the jet washer.
Grizz

Post by Grizz »

nebuchenezer wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:47 am Get some Wet and Forget and spray the paving with it. Better than spending an age with the jet washer.
Morning

How good is this stuff?

Seems too good to be true?

Never heard of it before but sounds good.
Grizz

Post by Grizz »

Every time you think it’s all over, you trip over something else.

A 14 year hoard of nuts and bolts, washers, brackets, hinges, wood screws of every conceivable kind, and many more small items was a full day’s worth of sorting out. Hard to believe?

You never saw my hoard.

Ask any previous visitor to Grizz Towers.

Cake tin after cake tin of imperial, metric and unidentified fasteners and random stuff was poured out and sorted through.

Keep in mind that I also ha md to create and rearrange all the storage space and containers.

One thing I did, with a heavy heart was to jettison all the traditional wood screws that were stored in various locations and containers. Modern Pozi-Drive type, self cutting screws are just so much quicker and easier to use and I certainly don’t create artisan level work any more.

I didn’t take any photos of this at the start, but trust me……

It was a lot worse than that.

Eventually I also cleared the “electronics table” where most of the Rezin Rockit nuts, bolts, washers and electronics plus paints etc lived for three years.

Could be cleared of a few more bits.

Looking at this lot, it is hard to believe that this is the result of a days work unless I mention that stuff found it’s way to possibly as many as 10 destinations from the sorting table.

There still are jobs to do as part of the clear out and preparation for the C10 build but it’s not easy to understand unless you’re actually here on site.

The cash fund that started with an imaginary target of £500.00 in junk sales has made it up to £1670.00 so far.

Yesterday I spent just over a third of it on two new mattresses for my lodger’s bedrooms.

Possibly a better investment than buying another car for now, especially that red Camaro.

It still blows my mind that despite low prices and cheap selling of excess junk, this amount of money has come in over four weeks.

Coming back from town, I had offered Salky our usual 3-6 monthly treat of a quick cheap Turkish lunch, she declined and asked for a McDonalds Biscoff Frappe and something random to eat.

Now McDonalds is something I don’t eat as a habit but I have to remind myself once a year why I don’t eat anything from these “restaurants “

Crispy Chicken Ceasar wraps and caramel Frappes eaten in the carpark like the common people.

Dodged a bullet with the heartburn too.

Came home after this and Sally went home to work in her garden and I started on a two day job that I do yearly.

Spent 4 hours out there hurting.