Any HDI fondlers provide help?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Any HDI fondlers provide help?

Post by bub2006 »

I may have mentioned this in another post but it's going in its own thread for ease to find.
Peugeot partner 2.0 HDI 90,RHY engine. Has a common and known issue of a judder which feels almost like a misfire as it's coming on boost around 16/1800 rpm. When it's passed it then it's fine. Numerous bits and bobs online that claim to have sorted it. ECU,egr and maf sensor are the most mentioned culprits.

I have fitted a new ECU from HDI tuning with a remap and egr mapped out on it. More for torque than power and A brand new VDO maf sensor fitted to replace the aftermarket one already fitted. Had a fault code registered for intake air temp sensor open circuit. No EML but an element wire was missing between two contacts and I know how much these hate aftermarket parts anyway.
The mad and ECU being replaced was 2 fold,common issues previously mentioned with the Siemens sid801 ECU and the torque for towing. .I don't want to keep firing random parts at it so hoping someone can point me in right direction.
Has had a service recently with fuel,air and oil filters being changed,no visible air in the lines either but have been told the seals perish around the connectors to pump from filter housing.
Seriously considering doing what we did with the old xud in the xantia and fitting an inline fuel filter from a BMW 330d I think it was and just lobbing the old setup.
BenHar
Banned Grinch!

Re: Any HDI fondlers provide help?

Post by BenHar »

Tractor engines always judder.

Ben
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

You fucking flange.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I thought the MAF fixed it?
Private signature, do not read
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

So did I but I've noticed something today. It's partial drive by wire so has an element of electronic control. The temp gauge never goes above 85 and takes an age to warm up. Also cools down quickly when ticking over with heating on. It doesn't judder too bad when up to temp and it's intermittent too which makes me lean towards a sensor. I'm seriously considering the temp sensor now or a stuck open stat. Going to try find the correct voltage readings for maf and other bits and bobs then get it on pp2000 live data and take it for a drive and see if anything jumps out at me as being a bit off or out of spec.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Aye could be a stat the way it cooled down at idle. I wonder if the ECU knows it cools down again? Or just has an 'up to temp' process and just runs as if it's warm?
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

I'm not sure. When you was with me that day I know it was cold but how long was I on phone for pulled over? 5 mins or so? It dropped from 85c to 60c with the blowers on full. I know diesels run colder but I thought that was quite a substantial drop.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

It did seem a quick drop aye, it made me suspect a thermostat.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

My van has a new stat and does that. Takes ages to get to temperature and will drop in traffic with the heaters on. would only get to a quarter on the guage with the knackered stat though instead of half way.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

I can drive From mine to derby in the van and barely gets over 70 on guage. Never gets to halfway either.