Mercrocker's 3RD annual car show PIC HEAVY GO TO LAST POST!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
59Impala

Re: Mercrocker's 3RD annual car show PIC HEAVY GO TO LAST POST!

Post by 59Impala »

Good selection of old motors for a show in December, guess that the rain will have washed salt from the roads. Might be my mate in the Corvair, the guy that owns the custom 59 El Camino that you saw in the summer.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Ah, yes highly likely, tends to be the same turnout each time but with different cars....Took the Chrysler in deference to the aforementioned salt but to be fair they've only salted once around here and that was before the torrential rain. Grandkids wanted to go in it, too....

We used to have a Boxing Day meet nearby and that used to attract some actual bullion-on-wheels despite the near-freezing conditions in many years. I remember going one year and forgetting to isolate the outside tap after hosing the car down, that was very nearly an insurance claim....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
I am not Diesel
Location: Knocking one out to the free 10 minutes on Babestation.

Post by I am not Diesel »

Loving that ex-RAF Bedford MJ. It brings back some spannering memories of years gone by.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

Where the hell has the Alfasud been?😮

99.9% of those were bran flakes 40 years ago.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

The Reverend Bluejeans wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:41 am Where the hell has the Alfasud been?😮

99.9% of those were bran flakes 40 years ago.
Gawd knows, certainly bucked the trend though! Plate is an April 78 Dorset issue rather than a later age-related one so assume it to have been a UK car. It didn't look restored or rotten so must have been kept in an airing cupboard somewhere....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

AMCrebel wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:58 pm I thought that Cedric was a Laurel. Nice MK2 Granny - a car I have always aspired to, but especially in estate form, but will probably never own. In my estimation they were a huge leap forward from the mk1 (of which my old man owned 2 “in period”)
In this country they were called the 260C, the best ones had a Starsky and Hutch paint job and Cobra SlotMags , well by 1984 when I had one anyway. Pre internet I never knew what the C stood for. My stupid brother used it before he passed his test, got stopped gave false details and I had to sell it to a banger racer.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

I had a 260 C (and a Z but that's a very different car!) after having a Toyota Crown 2600. I stupidly sold the Crown (fuck knows why, but I do stupid things) and couldn't find another, the 260 C came up for sale at my local... Toyota dealership for about £1500 so I bought it.

The Datsun was much more 'Japanese' than the Toyota but no worse for that and I preferred the interior on the Datsun as it was most plush :) However, it lacked a lot of the refinements the Crown had as standard (like air con and a fridge in the boot!) but otherwise was okay. It did like to rust though (as did the Crown to be fair) and the drivers side front wing developed a hole that refused to stay repaired!.

I sold it to a trader friend of mine when the disc pads were making the most horrible (sic) noises and had been for quite a while. £500.