Cars With Delete Options.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
NergleFuttocks
Globalist Imperialist Pig Dog!

Re: Cars With Delete Options.

Post by NergleFuttocks »

I deleted the leccy seats on my EClass. Still came with them but less adjustability and switches on side seat base instead of door. Took a decent 4 figure value off the car. It is supposed to be a fast reliable workhorse to keep for 15 years, not a luxury car with mega bills in the latter stages of its life.
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

It always amused me that on Jaguar price lists automatic transmission was about £1000 option on XJ6es , but if you had the delete option of a manual instead of the standard auto on a Sovereign or Daimler, did you get a Grand back ?
Did you fuck as like.
MRustbucket

Post by MRustbucket »

A sunroof was standard on the Daimler version of the XJ40 and could be 'delete optioned'. The Jaguar Sovereign and Daimler versions with standard leather seats and automatic transmissions could be had with cloth and a manual gearbox, but Jaguar regarded that as a 'no cost option' either way. I actually saw a manual Daimler 3.6 once, for sale at Ford's of Winsford. They couldn't give it away.

Not quite the same but the XJ40 was also available with steel wheels fitted with stainless steel hubcaps with a colour band on them. They were a £250 option on cars with alloy wheels, I wonder how many manufacturers did that.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

A guy I lived next door to had jags when I was growing up. he had a D plate 2.9 manual with what I think was tweed seats. Proper base spec.