1956 Chevrolet 210

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Re: 1956 Chevrolet 210

Post by paulplom »

Gieyerselower man.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

As usual I've no idea what you're on about.
It could be the final proof for Fermat's Last Theorem but I suspect it's more of an insult.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

SiC wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:29 pm Is that a hammer auction? Or online only?
I'd worry an online only auction from a small company on someone like that wouldn't get many eyes on it. I certainly hadn't heard of them and I'm sure many others won't either.

Been pondering about putting back together and offloading the Dolomite. Fed up of pretty much everything associated with cars now.
Top Tip - buy nice ones and keep them nice.

It's the only way. Trying to resurrect stretcher cases is a waste of time.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

The Reverend Bluejeans wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:24 pm
I'd worry an online only auction from a small company on someone like that wouldn't get many eyes on it. I certainly hadn't heard of them and I'm sure many others won't either.

Been pondering about putting back together and offloading the Dolomite. Fed up of pretty much everything associated with cars now.

And that, in a nutshell, is why I bought the Jag. It was very nice when I bought it (and paid absolute top dollar= sob!) and now it's near mint, outside and needs a new roof lining to be mint inside... oh, and hoovering out the back as er, dogs!
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Good cars can be driven and enjoyed whilst you improve them. I've done the complete rebuild thing before as well as the sows purse/pigs arsehole routine. I hated the car at the end.

It's a fool's errand.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

The Reverend Bluejeans wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:35 pm Good cars can be driven and enjoyed whilst you improve them. I've done the complete rebuild thing before as well as the sows purse/pigs arsehole routine. I hated the car at the end.

It's a fool's errand.
As have I. Both cars and bikes and always loathed them by the time they were finished, instantly sold once Mot;s and always made a fucking HUGE loss but glad to see the back of them.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

LynehamHerc wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:04 pm
paulplom wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:31 pm
LynehamHerc wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:28 pm
a rapacious member like FOAD
A WHUT?
aggressively greedy or grasping.

Given that I don't understand a lot of the words you use I thought that I'd make an attempt at teaching you English rather than you using Geordie.
TECHNOCRIPPLE PLUMBER.

Just highlight a word by tapping it and Google does the heavy lifting.
Screenshot_2022-11-15-18-52-04-616_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2022-11-15-18-52-04-616_com.android.chrome.jpg (149.63 KiB) Viewed 304 times

Flick up bottom of screen.

Screenshot_2022-11-15-18-52-07-304_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2022-11-15-18-52-07-304_com.android.chrome.jpg (135.76 KiB) Viewed 304 times

Select option

Screenshot_2022-11-15-18-56-50-438_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2022-11-15-18-56-50-438_com.android.chrome.jpg (134.01 KiB) Viewed 304 times
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

The mucking around bit is generally fine. Even if I have got bored of it. It's more that everything to do with cars is full of dickheads and arseholes.

Buying any car is a game of spot the chancer and charlatan. If not the seller, potentially the seller the last person bought off. Especially in the case of classics where bodges are easily hidden.

You then own a car. That car needs parts, the lottery of quality parts begins. When that part inevitably breaks, you take it back to be told that they have never had any back and it's your fault.

You go for a drive. You're stuck behind someone doing grossly under the speed limit. The person behind is being impatient and right up your chuff, inevitably causing a whiplash injury if you have to brake hard.

You overtake. But then they dislike that and start accelerating, making the overtake more prolonged than it should be. The worry is then if the person behind is filming you on a dash cam, decides they think the overtake is a bit iffy and dobs you in. Once on the free road, you can't have too much fun otherwise you may go around a corner to find a speed gun pointing at you. Or some idiot not concentrating and on your side of the road.

You visit a show to see other cars. It's full of people explaining why your or another car is shit. No point debating or arguing as they're always right. Inevitably it's full of tip top classics that are full of filler and shiny fresh paint.

You drive somewhere to visit something. Need to park away from people otherwise you're near enough guaranteed to get some tosser who parks far too close and fucks up the paint/bodywork. Of course they don't care, it's not their car and hasn't really done any noticeable damage on theirs.

You drive home and breakdown. A four plus hour event for recovery to turn up, say they can't fix it and then wait for another recovery vehicle to get you home.

Fed up, you sell the car. Those individuals you dealt with trying to buy a car then give the time wasting and grief we all know too well about.

You cancel the insurance. Either you get a pittance back or if the (classic) insurance company is full of extra tossers, start to claim that you owe them more money.

I'm just fed up with everything associated with cars. I've applied to my local model flying club with the intention of going back to getting my life's escape from trying not to smash expensive bits of balsa and engines into the ground. Maybe keep one or two classics to keep my need to tinker with cars satisfied.

Also concentrate back on my real life skills in technology. Learn and swot up on new/existing tech. Go back to start experimenting with new ideas and seeing what I can make real money from.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

I would agree with much of that. I don’t even enjoy driving much now.

I’ve started to enjoy old car shows as well and find them far less wankerous than they used to be.

I thought you’d been quiet on the Midget as well.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

SiC wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:02 pm

The mucking around bit is generally fine. Even if I have got bored of it. It's more that everything to do with cars is full of dickheads and arseholes.

Buying any car is a game of spot the chancer and charlatan. If not the seller, potentially the seller the last person bought off. Especially in the case of classics where bodges are easily hidden.

You then own a car. That car needs parts, the lottery of quality parts begins. When that part inevitably breaks, you take it back to be told that they have never had any back and it's your fault.

You go for a drive. You're stuck behind someone doing grossly under the speed limit. The person behind is being impatient and right up your chuff, inevitably causing a whiplash injury if you have to brake hard.

You overtake. But then they dislike that and start accelerating, making the overtake more prolonged than it should be. The worry is then if the person behind is filming you on a dash cam, decides they think the overtake is a bit iffy and dobs you in. Once on the free road, you can't have too much fun otherwise you may go around a corner to find a speed gun pointing at you. Or some idiot not concentrating and on your side of the road.

You visit a show to see other cars. It's full of people explaining why your or another car is shit. No point debating or arguing as they're always right. Inevitably it's full of tip top classics that are full of filler and shiny fresh paint.

You drive somewhere to visit something. Need to park away from people otherwise you're near enough guaranteed to get some tosser who parks far too close and fucks up the paint/bodywork. Of course they don't care, it's not their car and hasn't really done any noticeable damage on theirs.

You drive home and breakdown. A four plus hour event for recovery to turn up, say they can't fix it and then wait for another recovery vehicle to get you home.

Fed up, you sell the car. Those individuals you dealt with trying to buy a car then give the time wasting and grief we all know too well about.

You cancel the insurance. Either you get a pittance back or if the (classic) insurance company is full of extra tossers, start to claim that you owe them more money.

I'm just fed up with everything associated with cars. I've applied to my local model flying club with the intention of going back to getting my life's escape from trying not to smash expensive bits of balsa and engines into the ground. Maybe keep one or two classics to keep my need to tinker with cars satisfied.

Also concentrate back on my real life skills in technology. Learn and swot up on new/existing tech. Go back to start experimenting with new ideas and seeing what I can make real money from.
S02E01-74amzJFZ-subtitled.jpg
S02E01-74amzJFZ-subtitled.jpg (54.29 KiB) Viewed 280 times