Motortrade expressions

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
red5

Re: Motortrade expressions

Post by red5 »

mercrocker wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:57 pm Local gypsies here used to say "chore" for nicking something, I believe it is the actual Romany term.
Same here, proper ones anyway, not the pikeys.
FatherJack

Re: Motortrade expressions

Post by FatherJack »

AMCrebel wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:05 am Not expressions, but I back-street abortionist I knew apart from sills made of wob and newspaper with shiny rattle can finish, used to put the hubcaps and go-faster stripe on the side that was visible as it passed through the auctions.
He also had a 4-door car with terminal rot on the inner part of the door shut - he took the door card off, secured the door shut with self-tappers and then replaced the door card.
If the self tappered car came back broken after a test drive I may be able to fill in some gaps.
A work colleague of measurable shiftyness used to buy and flip from the auctions.

One car sold well under his budget and there was a refusal option, 20 minute test drive, major mechanical issues only.
The NS Front door would not open, like it was welded solid
So they piled in, went up the road and at some speed, the two of them forced it into into reverse and dumped the clutch.
It did limp back leaving a greasy trail.

Was it a Vauxhall ?