How to buy a car in the lockdown.Take two. Bentley Turbo R

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
panhard65

Re: How to buy a car in the lockdown

Post by panhard65 »

In defense of picassso's what was the UK alternative ? The fucking zafira now that is the biggest piece of shit ever to roll down the road. They can't even do the being a car thing due to engines that shit themselves, assuming they don't catch fire first. As for the Maser the 2.5 carb is pretty shit especially in the 4 door. The 2.8i Spyder was in a completely different league when I owned both about 20 years ago.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

John F wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:08 pm That's just it though, isn't it?

This is (allegedly) a forum for car enthusiasts. And the only positive things people can say about Pickarseholes is that they're cheap, they do their job in a largely unremarkable way & you can cram lots of kids into them.

Never mind the fact that they just scream "Given up on life" or "The missus made me buy it" to the world at large, those things are REALLY ugly. And they've got those nasty spacky happy-clappy wipers, which really anger me for some reason whenever I see them.

Although I do like this one... even with the spacky wipers:

Because it's got spacky happy-clappy doors too?
Private signature, do not read
John F

Post by John F »

No, they're great. It means the occupants can't get out when it rolls over & catches fire :-)
On the road:
1998 Disco 4.0 V8 (manual)
1994 Vauxhall Calibra 3.0 V6

Running but need fettling:

1986 Honda CBX750F
1991 Maserati 222 SE
1990 Yamaha XJ900F

Tax & MOT-exempt, woohoo!

1982 Suzuki GSX1100SZ Katana
richardthestag

Post by richardthestag »

DodgeRover wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:57 pm Would take a Vauxhall Omega estate over a Picasso every day in the practically stakes, you can also fit 3 kids seats in the back of those too.
I image Vauxhall electrical reliability is on par with French...
yes you may be able to fit three kids seats all proper wedged in BUT be careful when you slam the back door cos the door on the other side may open. :lol:

two rock a tots was my issue :shock: fun making them but 2 decades and counting of opportunity :lol: . They need to be fitted with slumbering/screaming infant already installed and rear facing, my Bro had an Omega estate, we tested our situation in his car and no flippin way would I be dislocating my wrists every time I had to install or remove the twins baby carriers, when #1 sons big baby seat was already fitted. Ease of removal became beyond the most important feature if the nippers were sleeping and we wanted to get them out still sleeping for an hour or two peace and utter quiet :D

Plus the centre seat position in Omega, like so many poverty spec exec motors was designed as arm room / centre arm rest location for Germanian fat bastard politician etc probably :twisted: so harder to sit on and difficult to install a baby seat onto. Picasso has 3 proper sculpted seats in row #2

Oh and have you ever seen the boot size of a Picasso? Double buggy thing we had to have folded and could be easily lifted over the bumper level sill straight and flat onto the boot floor. Mrs loved that feature also.

like I said Picasso was the only car, aside from asiantastic E Class that met our needs*.

My idea of defender 110 safari was discounted because Mrs had to be able to drive it daily, plus side facing seats didn't have kiddy seat safety belts. Anyway brand new pez 51 plate for £10.5k which was abused over the next 7 years and sold for £1k with near 100k on the clock and not one single breakdown nor anything other than standard servicing.

I can understand that folk hate them, much like I hate Prius cunts :twisted: fucking pieces of shit, and have no issue with that. I am no less of a man because I drove it regularly, nor because I liked it :roll:

It served us way better than the C4 GP that followed it, none of the reliability and all of the depreciation plus some.

Would I do it again ? you bet yo lilly white ass I would :lol:
"The Dark Wob. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
richardthestag

Post by richardthestag »

BTW I have provisionally sold both 109 Series3 van and Redshed during lockdown. No cash until they can see em

too far away you see :(
"The Dark Wob. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Fucking hated the Picasso. The Scenic II on the other hand I'd much rather have...
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

John F

Post by John F »

richardthestag wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:52 pm
yes you may be able to fit three kids seats all proper wedged in BUT be careful when you slam the back door cos the door on the other side may open. :lol:

two rock a tots was my issue :shock: fun making them but 2 decades and counting of opportunity :lol: . They need to be fitted with slumbering/screaming infant already installed and rear facing, my Bro had an Omega estate, we tested our situation in his car and no flippin way would I be dislocating my wrists every time I had to install or remove the twins baby carriers, when #1 sons big baby seat was already fitted. Ease of removal became beyond the most important feature if the nippers were sleeping and we wanted to get them out still sleeping for an hour or two peace and utter quiet :D

Plus the centre seat position in Omega, like so many poverty spec exec motors was designed as arm room / centre arm rest location for Germanian fat bastard politician etc probably :twisted: so harder to sit on and difficult to install a baby seat onto. Picasso has 3 proper sculpted seats in row #2

Oh and have you ever seen the boot size of a Picasso? Double buggy thing we had to have folded and could be easily lifted over the bumper level sill straight and flat onto the boot floor. Mrs loved that feature also.

like I said Picasso was the only car, aside from asiantastic E Class that met our needs*.

My idea of defender 110 safari was discounted because Mrs had to be able to drive it daily, plus side facing seats didn't have kiddy seat safety belts. Anyway brand new pez 51 plate for £10.5k which was abused over the next 7 years and sold for £1k with near 100k on the clock and not one single breakdown nor anything other than standard servicing.

I can understand that folk hate them, much like I hate Prius cunts :twisted: fucking pieces of shit, and have no issue with that. I am no less of a man because I drove it regularly, nor because I liked it :roll:

It served us way better than the C4 GP that followed it, none of the reliability and all of the depreciation plus some.

Would I do it again ? you bet yo lilly white ass I would :lol:
Wasn't a Range Rover an option? I know that the back door aperture on a Disco is quite small, if the RR is anything like that it might have been a struggle.
On the road:
1998 Disco 4.0 V8 (manual)
1994 Vauxhall Calibra 3.0 V6

Running but need fettling:

1986 Honda CBX750F
1991 Maserati 222 SE
1990 Yamaha XJ900F

Tax & MOT-exempt, woohoo!

1982 Suzuki GSX1100SZ Katana
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Now that's odd, I don't remember having a problem with our twins plus one other when they were in the rearward facing ones getting in and out of the Omega.
richardthestag

Post by richardthestag »

John F wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:12 pm

Wasn't a Range Rover an option? I know that the back door aperture on a Disco is quite small, if the RR is anything like that it might have been a struggle.
back seat of a rangie is tiny for three folks, perfect for 2. Wheel arches encroach big time, as do side and centre arm rests. my lads moan like hell every time we go out together. PLUS centre seat is lap belt so noway for kiddy seat and impossible for rock a tot

That said we did do a holiday in South of France but without kiddy seats in, the twins were 14 by this point. Lots were drawn for who had to sit in the middle, and fines levied for every single back seat fight.

Arse end of the car is down because of two weeks luggage and about 200 bottle of cheap hypermarket french red
reim2_zps9415052d.jpg
reim2_zps9415052d.jpg (105.08 KiB) Viewed 4236 times