Claim's Cabbies Corner. Repo Revenge.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. HACK LIVES MATTER

Post by xtriple »

There used to be a bloke in Kineton that had a proper collection including a plexiglass Daytona and type 35 Bugatti! Drove them as well, hard, at least when he was coming home always gentle when cold so he told us!
59Impala

Post by 59Impala »

I used to go to Brands Hatch a lot and before I was unleashed onto the mean streets of SE London in my own car (yikes, 50 years ago next month) I used to go to the local high street and catch the Greenline 719 bus to the circuit. One day a chap stopped at the bus stop in a maroon Mk2 Zephyr and asked if I wanted a lift to Brands, he had seen me previously and said that as my duffel bag had racing stickers on it he knew where I was going. Now obviously I had been warned not to accept lifts from strangers but a) I like Mk2 Zephyrs so he was a fine chap and b) I had my penknife in my pocket and thus I would have stabbed him had he been beastly. In the event I had a nice ride to the circuit and saved my bus fare so win win.

On another occasion at the end of the meeting I crossed the A20 to the bus stop to go home, it was cold and rainy and no bus in sight so I decided to stick my thumb out and try for a lift home (the A20 was then the main road to the Kent coast so a fair amount of traffic). A guy stopped in an Austin 3 Litre and asked where I was going, told him and he said he could drop me on the A20 near my home. So got in, I recall that the car had those furry seat covers fitted, heater was on and off we went. He said he was a chauffeur and this was the bosses' car and he was going up to London to pick him up. Nice guy, I had a warm comfy ride and he dropped me close to my home so result. Also bus fare saved again.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Just to get this thread back on track I'll tell you all that today I sold the Ioniq.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

Is that good or bad? I’m either happy or sad for you as applicable
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

brandersnatch wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:34 pm Is that good or bad? I’m either happy or sad for you as applicable
Good as I got all the money for it.
Twembe

Post by Twembe »

Warren t claim wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:30 pm Just to get this thread back on track I'll tell you all that today I sold the Ioniq.
Did someone on AS take up your finance offer?
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Twembe wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:55 pm
Warren t claim wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:30 pm Just to get this thread back on track I'll tell you all that today I sold the Ioniq.
Did someone on AS take up your finance offer?
Sadly not.
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

paulplom wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:24 am I used to pick them up all the time when I was up and down the country everyday. Nothing really exciting happened, it just broke the monotony of the many hours stuck behind the wheel.
Likewise, when I was trading cars up and down the country, I'd never pass a bloke with Trade Plates without giving a lift.
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

Whats next?
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

The tales of Warren Bigalow - male gigolo....