Claim's Cabbies Corner. Insignia Issues.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. Insignia Woes.

Post by Hooli »

Eddie Honda wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:27 am Cava-bloody-poo!?!!!!
It's a typo, they mean mongrel.
Private signature, do not read
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... s-26018098

Regular readers of this thread may be wondering what happened to my former boss Frank.

TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Compared to what Martin Ambler and the rest of his family rent out around Chesterfield they look positively palace like and since when was carpet required?
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Anyway how is this magnificent vehicle performing?
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

DodgeRover wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:56 pm Anyway how is this magnificent vehicle performing?
Like every fare could be it's last.

Taxi plate expires on the 3/3/23. I'm dreading to see what it fails on.
JimH

Post by JimH »

Warren t claim wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:32 am https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... s-26018098

Regular readers of this thread may be wondering what happened to my former boss Frank.

You don't read the Echo to have your faith in your fellow man reinforced, do you?
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Hopped in last night to discover that the OSF headlamp wasn't working on either dipped or main beam. Fearing a fucked ballast failure that would mean game over for the car I ploughed on with my shift.

This morning I summoned up the courage to investigate further by swapping the bulbs over. My first pleasant surprise was that for a car manufactured after 2010, both bulbs can be replaced in under five minutes. Much to my shock it seems like it was just a fucked bulb.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Got a call from the car owner today, expected as I was supposed to pay for it yesterday. He seemed a little put out that I hadn't told him that I had to replace the bulb and rear tyres. I didn't tell him I'd changed the rear tyres because I thought that they were my responsibility and anyway, as they're a pair of 3mm part worns from Claim_Garage (no way am I paying out for good rubber on a car that may fail its council test on the 3rd of March) I only paid a tenner for the pair of them as long as I fitted them myself and gave my mate who owns the place a lift home. The slightly strange headlamp bulb that's not available off the shelf in a garage forecourt cost me a fiver and a handful of baguettes from the local Pound Bakery. I told him that if he can beat those prices then go for it.

One point he raised with me was the fact that I hadn't got back to him regarding the smoke billowing out from under the bonnet after 34 miles and did Claim_Garage discover why. The honest answer I gave him was that the car needed three litres of oil (which I got for free) adding and not only did I want to monitor its oil consumption on a daily basis, I didn't want to cause any shit between him and the mechanic he's used for years until I was 100% certain lack of oil after the turbo swap was the cause.

We discussed the 300 mile DPF regens and he asked me if I could lob it on the emissions tester at Claim_Garage and I agreed. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while but have been putting off for fear of the answer.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

I would be putting it off on the grounds it might grenade when on the limiter. I'm assuming the label showing the manufacturers smoke data is no longer visible so it's tested to the maximum limit for smoke rather than the lower manufacturers one.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

DodgeRover wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:56 pm I would be putting it off on the grounds it might grenade when on the limiter. I'm assuming the label showing the manufacturers smoke data is no longer visible so it's tested to the maximum limit for smoke rather than the lower manufacturers one.
I wonder what the score is if it decided to do a DPF regen during the test?