What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
HMC

Re: What did you do today?

Post by HMC »

Watched IDS visit Donald trump, in an e39 5 series
1962 p4 80 // 1963 minor // 2005 streetwise
stillOrange

Post by stillOrange »

Bought a house few weeks back and picked the keys up yesterday. It should last us until the kids move out...

The important bit...
received_884166851936549.jpeg
received_884166851936549.jpeg (267.64 KiB) Viewed 4795 times
Saab as workhorse.
received_645778985835928.jpeg
received_645778985835928.jpeg (259.65 KiB) Viewed 4795 times
HMC

Post by HMC »

Looks bloody fantastic! How far back does it go? (contemplating how many vehicles under cover and potentially how many on driveway/ grounds- OBV)
1962 p4 80 // 1963 minor // 2005 streetwise
stillOrange

Post by stillOrange »

Easily three cars side by side. Possibly another one sideways at the back. But that is designated workshop space.
Driveway for another 2-3 and there's space at the front for two smallish ones.
All already calculated and I have already been warned.

What's really important for the weather conditions of Scandinavia, it is heated and insulated.
rickrirai

Post by rickrirai »

Looks top, like you said insulation and heating is important. Looks like you got room at the side for a car port or lean-to if you need covered storage. I keep building them when the missus isnt looking.
dean36014

Post by dean36014 »

Changed the bushes on the Mercedes that failed on the MOT. I ordered a proper spring compressor especially for Merc springs that made life really easy. Popped the bottom arms out, cut out the bushes and replaced them with poly bushes for easiness. Just nipped up to the MOT place to book a retest and they did it on the spot. So that's all legal now for taking it to France in a week as the bx has started pressuring it's coolant up. Looks like that will be getting a head gasket at some point. Then this weekend the c15 van is being delivered, dead excited! I have a replacement gearbox in the boot of the bx ready to fit.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

I still have a few C15 bits left
OMG U OK HUN?
dean36014

Post by dean36014 »

Tell me more? I'm getting it at the weekend so will have a better idea what it needs then. I know I've a gearbox to change, cambelt and welding to do but that's all in hand. I imagine it's mainly going to be the usual panels and trim bits I'll need.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

I struggle to do anything midway through a week of early shifts other than slump in a chair and wonder when the fuck I can give up working. However, a sudden burst of energy this evening (which, incidentally, I credit with binning the salad lovingly crafted by Mrs Rocker and going up the caff for pastie, chips and beans. Er, sorry love...) enabled me to "do a bit".

I fitted new mirrors to my T25. Anyone familiar with these contraptions knows that the standard Hanoverian fitment are frankly shit. No matter how you adjust them you cannot see the lower half of the van, they are crap for parking and shite on a roundabout. I've put up with the cunts for 13 years now - well they are in the bin now. I bought some adaptor plates off Ebay and fitted Bearmach Land Rover arms and heads. Haven't actually driven it yet so don't know if they vibrate but I grunted them up good and proper.

So I now have a scene van fitted with scene mirrors.

I also got a burst of conscience about the state of the arches on the 190E so gave them a good blast and scrub out - which will be followed by some Dynax love tomorrow night.

Packing up for the evening, it suddenly dawned on me that on the eve of D Day 75 I just spent a good hour or two fettling German crap. I suppose that is fitting in a reconciliation kind of way but I have just had an hour and a half spinning Glenn Miller and Squadronaires records to finish the night and genuinely gave some heartfelt inner thanks to those fellas all them years ago. Never forget.......
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

dean36014 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:24 pm Tell me more? I'm getting it at the weekend so will have a better idea what it needs then. I know I've a gearbox to change, cambelt and welding to do but that's all in hand. I imagine it's mainly going to be the usual panels and trim bits I'll need.
Two good headlights, all reflective fine. One rear door. 4 very good wheels and tyres, grill, door cards, steering wheel, clocks, carpet,mirrors. Prob a few other bits. Not too far from you either
OMG U OK HUN?