Wheeler Dealers. Yet another new co presenter

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Bazfr69

Re: Wheeler Dealers. Yet another new co presenter

Post by Bazfr69 »

The last thing I saw Edd in was a pilot episode for something on YouTube I think.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

I was free to watch Wheeler Dealers and For The Love Of Cars in the company of Claim_Bird as she fancied Ant Anstead.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Conrad D. Conelrad

Post by Conrad D. Conelrad »

Bazfr69 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:06 pm When they went to the US the network wanted less focus on the workshop pieces and more or the bullshit and manufactured jeopardy iirc.
In other words, they wanted more of the bits I fast forwarded through. That sums up television execs quite well.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I got ed china's book for last Christmas. It's a good read and he's a very clever inventive bloke. He's the one who made the fastest road legal sofa and bed etc. He has a few world record. He was quite famous before wheeler dealers. His own buisness was doing really well when discovery got in touch, he didn't really have time to do brewer's shit.
Chodweaver

Post by Chodweaver »

Conrad D. Conelrad wrote:
Bazfr69 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:06 pm When they went to the US the network wanted less focus on the workshop pieces and more or the bullshit and manufactured jeopardy iirc.
In other words, they wanted more of the bits I fast forwarded through. That sums up television execs quite well.
Are we really so out of step with the majority of TV viewers that the market research keeps pushing everything away from interesting content and towards false jeopardy? The standard format of ALL SHOWS now seems to be like Homes under the Hammer from a decade ago: Two (or more) presenters go off to do different stories, amass around 4 minutes of piece to camera each, and in the editing this is then interspersed with jingles, recaps and previews (none of which is REAL CONTENT in my book) until the 25 minute program is complete. I used to sit down for a half hour show and expected to be absorbed for ooh, half an hour. Race to the bottom.
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

Sadly I think we are - no fucker else seems to notice the astounding regularity with which the phrase "but there's a problem..." seems to occur in these shit formula shows.
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

AMCrebel wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:43 pm Sadly I think we are - no fucker else seems to notice the astounding regularity with which the phrase "but there's a problem..." seems to occur in these shit formula shows.
When the evil ex made me watch Grand Designs, every week it was 'but the windows haven't arrived yet'.
Private signature, do not read
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

Bangers and Cash on Yesterday channel is good. Quite pedestrian, but that's good.
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.