What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Hooli »

Oh good lad, I do like XKRs. But the ones I could afford rot even worse than a XJR so I resisted.
Private signature, do not read
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Yeh,rot does seem to be a fairly common mention on MOT history checks :( The later ones are alloy so no rot, just corrosion to worry about!
Bangernomics

Post by Bangernomics »

xtriple wrote:Further to my earlier post, I have just bid on three Jauars on eBay and e-mailed a dealer about a deal on my SuLK against a new shape XKR coupe! Surprised at how expensive they are to be honest but, they all seem to be of a kind so I guess that's the going rate.
Pops is looking for an slk what year etc is yours?

Less annoying tag line.
Just when I thought I was out they dragged me back in.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Just come back from an evening walk along the beach. All in I've done about 40 miles in this today after finally getting it finished. Fingers crossed seems to be running great.

Windscreen keeps steaming up, so have to keep the aircon on. I imagine it's because inside is still pretty humid from all that damp still in the foot well. Perhaps I'll have to get some dehumidifier boxes to leave in there for a bit.

Anyway I always like to have a picture in my post, so here it is in front of a very old postbox.
Bangernomics

What did you do today?

Post by Bangernomics »

I did a Groundhog Day collection having followed through (no pun really) on the purchase of the minty low mile panda we bought for primary idiot child that I sold within 45 minutes to an AS fellow for £18 profit (oh wait the train was £20)

I embarked on mission two with my trusty companion.

After the breakfast of champions.

I got to Piccadilly to discover I’d left his lead at home. So towrope was extracted from the boot and used as an adhoc lead.

Great then network rail broke something and train left 3 mins late. Sadly my connection involved a 3 minute walk with a 4 minute window so that was missed. And we went for a wander in Huddersfield.

I thought these had gone decades ago but Yorkshire eh! Land of the free etc.

Then we bumped into Harold.

Not this one.

That one.

Rupert May have piddled up his podium.

Three shite trains and a female guard who talked at me incessantly for an hour whilst cooing over sidekick almost pushed me over the edge.

Ohh I sorted out its missed matched flap too as it was black and is now orange peel red.

Sprayed in my plastic lawnmower shed for maximum finish quality.

And finally to top it off, when coming to a stop off the Mway the clutch pedal was creaky and returning slowly. Arse hope it’s the spring and not the hydraulics. It has sat for 6 months almost doing 60 miles since the last MoT.

Less annoying tag line.
Just when I thought I was out they dragged me back in.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Nice sidekick
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

SiC wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:51 pm Just come back from an evening walk along the beach. All in I've done about 40 miles in this today after finally getting it finished. Fingers crossed seems to be running great.

Windscreen keeps steaming up, so have to keep the aircon on. I imagine it's because inside is still pretty humid from all that damp still in the foot well. Perhaps I'll have to get some dehumidifier boxes to leave in there for a bit.

Anyway I always like to have a picture in my post, so here it is in front of a very old postbox.
Nice postbox.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Apparently a replica. I imagine the real thing would be worth too much to have as street furniture.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I must have been fairly drunk last night. I was watching a top of the pops from 1990. I very nearly messaged an ex on fb from the time. Not sure how she'd react after not seeing her for 30 years 😂
I'm a bit seedy this morning. Thank fuck I resisted.
dean36014

Post by dean36014 »

Nice shiny new thermostat housing fitted to the Jag yesterday. Not too bad a job except for two bolts hidden under the inlet manifold.
IMG_20201005_133505.jpg
IMG_20201005_133505.jpg (7.39 MiB) Viewed 3046 times
Unfortunately I looked at/breathed on this plastic bleed pipe to the radiator. Much bodging done to make it water tight until the new one turns up. Thankfully a replacement was only 28 quid delivered from David manners.
IMG_20201005_133505.jpg
IMG_20201005_133505.jpg (7.39 MiB) Viewed 3046 times
Attachments
IMG_20201005_133510.jpg
IMG_20201005_133510.jpg (7.01 MiB) Viewed 3046 times