Claim's Cabbies Corner. Repo Revenge.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner DRIVER REQUIRES URGENT ASSISTANCE

Post by paulplom »

I thought Manchester and Liverpool were classed as North?
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Sheddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:50 am So many questions about the above I wouldn't know where to begin. What is a 'Jitty'?
Gennel through to the back row of terraced houses
Nibblet

Post by Nibblet »

I was thinking Bub's father had some kinda deathwish driving down a Jetty; then I realised that he's related to Bub so it could be possible :)
'Ever since the young men have owned motorcycles, incest has been dying out, and so has sodomy'.

'Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good."
Thomas Sowell
Nibblet

Post by Nibblet »

DodgeRover wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:26 pm
Sheddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:50 am So many questions about the above I wouldn't know where to begin. What is a 'Jitty'?
Gennel through to the back row of terraced houses
We have no terraced houses down here just smaller mansions.
'Ever since the young men have owned motorcycles, incest has been dying out, and so has sodomy'.

'Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good."
Thomas Sowell
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Sheddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:21 pm I was thinking Bub's father had some kinda deathwish driving down a Jetty; then I realised that he's related to Bub so it could be possible :)
Car off pier.JPG
Car off pier.JPG (17.21 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
Might a family road sign?
Private signature, do not read
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

He didnt drive down jitty but went round.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

He past the jitty on the left hand side?
Private signature, do not read
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

Prick.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

In about 2003 things started to get nasty around here so I started carrying a Kalashnikov in the car. Not an AK47, but a front fork spring partially wrapped in elastoplast liberated from an IZH 350 Planeta Sport that I had found dumped back in 1989.
izh1.PNG
izh1.PNG (339.49 KiB) Viewed 3258 times
It was identical to this but looked much more abandoned.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

For my first couple of weeks I battered the weekends and had Monday off. For my third week things were different as I'd had a Sunday night off due to having to attend a function held by my then girlfriend's family so I decided to work Monday night to make up the cash.

To start with I had a job come through to me, pick up at the phone box on Corporation Road Birkenhead, one of the worst areas in town going to North Road Wallasey, a wealthy middle class area. Alarm bells were ringing but in my innocence I headed off to do the job. I saw some real nasty looking fucker standing outside the phone box and pulled over. To my surprise he said he never ordered a taxi so try the other phone box down the road. Somewhat relieved I didn't have to carry this hard looking fucker I tootled down to the next phone box only to see an even more evil looking bastard! Come back nasty looking fucker number one! All is forgiven! He gets into my 405 and snarls where he wants to go which is North Road Wallasey. He looks both edgy and sketchy so as not to appear scared I sak him why he's going there. He immediately smiles and says that his dog is having puppies at his girlfriend's house there in North Road and by the end of the journey we've swapped canine stories with each other and it turns out he's the nicest fella you'd want to meet!

Later I pick up a twentysomething young lady called Alice asking to go to her friends flat in Oxton, Birkenhead. For the first half of the trip she sits in silence behind me before starting to uncontrollably howl and cry! Apparently she'd just dumped her boyfrind and was already regretting it. I keep having to hand her my finest demisting tissues for her tears and it takes me a good twenty minutes to get her out of the car at her destination.

Undeterred, I carry on my shift trying my best to be the cheerful taxi driver. I accept a job going from Birkenhead to our local hospital. I turn up at the pick up address and a lady in her 40s gets in the back along with her early teens daughter. I give it my best happy, cheerful self and ask that as she's going to the hospital at this ungodly hour I hope that it's nothing too serious. She answers that she's just had a call from the hospital to say her father is dying and can I please hurry up and get her there. I shup up, put my foot down and get her there in total silence. This was my first "death run" as we call them in the trade locally.

As luck may have it en route to the hospital I get a follow on job to pick up at the hospital. Happy days. This is a rare thing and truly helps out a driver's hourly taking as there's no dead miles between jobs. I drop off the distraught mother and daughter and a nurse leads my next fare into my car, sits him in the front next to me and hands me the fare to take him home to a local block of flats used to house the under 21s called Ash Villas, a place that even to this day is a "money up front" location. Fucking hell this lad stank! It turns out he's an epileptic who before being discharged from hospital had managed the "Grand Slam" of puking, pissing and shitting himself! Even though this was an icy cold November night and my 405 had a non functioning heater I had to do the journey with both front windows open. Throughout the trip he spent the time punching his fist saying "I'm going to kill her".

To end the night I had to pick up a pissed lad up from his mates house. He's drowning his sorrows as his girlfriend, who he loved, has dumped him that night! I start fishing around and it turns out that his ex is Alice, the girl I picked up earlier! I explain that I took her to a friends flat earlier that nigh and to get in touch with her as she's as upset as him!

I took the next Monday off!
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.