What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Re: What did you do today?

Post by LynehamHerc »

I'm sorry to hear this. I'd feel the same about my MGB as there's so many memories attached to it from over the years, something you wouldn't get with modern PCPs.
You've still got your other cars though and selling this will help keep them on the road. At least it's going to be sold not scrapped.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Poor old Merc, it must feel like an abandoned dog.
Private signature, do not read
cros
The Elastrator

Post by cros »

mercrocker wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:48 pm Quite a sad day for me. I have decided it is not going to end well constantly fielding stupid enquiries to my 190E advert on EBay and CCFS and I am still paying tax and garage rent. Therefore it has been taken to auction today where it will sit in free storage until the sale in October. The run down to Poole took us past a few of the social clubs where we have been for rock and roll nights and outside of which the Merc patiently sat on many a night waiting for Mrs Rocker to drive us home. It was rather like driving Grandad past his favourite boozer on the way to the Crem......

We also passed the site of the dealership where it came from new. No trace of the intermittent stalling and it drove like a dream all the way, sunroof open, that P6-like burble from the exhaust also reminding me of Grandad and his 2000TCs.

Finally, I left it gleaming in the car park before chucking the keys and paperwork over the counter. I had to get Mrs Rocker to drive us home in the Focus as I didn't want to jump from the Merc into the driving seat of that.....

I don't know why I get so emotionally involved with bloody cars, it is practically a scrapper economically and I cannot afford to keep chucking at it now I am about to give up my job. I would feel better if I bent the thing round a bloody lamp post really at least I could nurse a bit of regret and get over it. At the moment I feel like I have just drowned a puppy. Bloody cars!
Minutes silence observed.
Bazfr69

Post by Bazfr69 »

I’m off work today and I’ve been mainly sitting around cultivating a strong desire to buy a classic Beetle while I might still be able to afford a half decent one.
MLOR

Post by MLOR »

Bazfr69 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:42 pm I’m off work today and I’ve been mainly sitting around cultivating a strong desire to buy a classic Beetle while I might still be able to afford a half decent one.
You need a Mercedes to love and cherish.
I might know of someone ... ;)
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

I filled my car with petrol, super unleaded at that! Cost me £50 but it was still half full from the previous time. Thought I'd do it as from tomorrow face masks etc and I want to minimise my use of the shit things!

Also, went in to pay, my stick and myself had a bit of a disagreement with the stupid great barrier between one till and the next and down I went. I'm used to falling over so no harm done and didn't even hurt myself but the lady behind the counter, who is normally a right misery, was super pleasant and gave me a bag for free and offered to get someone to carry the few bits of shopping I'd bought, out to the car...
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Yeah, I've been stocking up before face nappy day as well.....Trouble is I've just barbecued 3 days worth of meat cos gutty bastard......
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

I'm sure the Merc will go to a good home. Just like this chap and his:
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

Sick SiC. :D

I get attached to vehicles too
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Bazfr69 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:42 pm I’m off work today and I’ve been mainly sitting around cultivating a strong desire to buy a classic Beetle while I might still be able to afford a half decent one.
I've never been enthusiastic about beetles, the only ones I actual like have been Baja style or sand rails, would love one of those, I would tell people I cut up a low mileage one owner Jeans one to make it...

A lad in 6th form had a proper one though and it was a literal pussy magnet so I could maybe see the attraction...