What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Hooli »

BusmansHoliday wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:12 pm
Hooli wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:58 pm Last time I went I couldn't dump the empty containers so had to bring them home, put them in black bags & put in the bin. Oddly enough they aren't allowed in domestic bins etc.

No wonder people fly tip, it's impossible to get rid of some common household rubbish these days.
Same here. Used to be able to drain oil out of them then lob in the general waste. Will actually bring them back and reuse due to having bought the 20l of fresh oil.
I contacted the council to complain & they tried to make it into a complaint about being told to put them in household rubbish, rather than a complaint about a tip I can't dump rubbish at.
Private signature, do not read
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Lob 'em in the garden waste bin, the fuckers down our tip never look in there.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

I was tempted to post them to the council offices with a lack of stamps, let the fuckers pay to get them & dispose of them.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Washed the cars.

Okay, what a big whoop but it's a triumph for enthusiasm over experience.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Well you've had enough practice at it; doing it every 2 days, or so it seems.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

LynehamHerc wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:10 pm Well you've had enough practice at it; doing it every 2 days, or so it seems.
Not washed them in WEEKS! Polished them, yes :)

As I was washing the Merc, a bloke pulled up beside me and stated; 'I love your Jag, bloody nice car that'. So I've got a stalker who knows I own two cars or just someone who drives up our road frequently. I'm going for 'stalker' as it makes me seem more... interesting!
BusmansHoliday

Post by BusmansHoliday »

xtriple wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:45 pm Washed the cars.

Okay, what a big whoop but it's a triumph for enthusiasm over experience.
Next time I'm there I'll bring the Ibiza up the road. If I wash it once a year it's happy!!.

And I'm being serious, gets a wash and an internal clean before the MoT, don't want to spoil the old girl...
A man of few words, usually offensive.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

Not sure I've washed mine in about two years. It's starting to grow moss so I really need to do it.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Hooli wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:20 pm I was tempted to post them to the council offices with a lack of stamps, let the fuckers pay to get them & dispose of them.
Just pop them in the council bins on the high street when you're at greggs. They love owt like that.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

While out with the mutt this morning, dodging rain showers (raining when I awoke, dry at just gone ten so took her out sharpish), just as we got back to the car, the heavens opened, by crikey did it sodding rain. So, as the auto lights and wipers on the Merc are utterly shit, I turned them on manually (oh, the shame...) and the centre information panel started doing a dance, which worried me somewhat...

The driver's door was not quite closed properly (fair enough) and I have a bulb out. Again, oh the shame!

Left side licence plate bulb had failed. The very first bulb out I've had in the Merc in 7 years of ownership. So, about 1:00pm, the rain abated for a few minutes and I dashed outside (well, sort of hobbled really) and got the bulb holder unscrewed. Amazingly, all the screws were pristine and came out easily but to my undying shame (again) I didn't have the correct bulbs in stock so had to go to the shop and buy 2 festoon bulbs. £3, robbing fuckers.

So hardly the height of excitement, but I did do a 'thing' so I qualify as a motoring enthusiast... at least for today.