Claim's Cabbies Corner. Repo Revenge.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
treehugger
The only technocripple in the village!

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. Kill crazy rampage imminent.

Post by treehugger »

Have I told the third hand tail from a mate who used to live in Middlesbrough? Taxi driver down the pub told him about a runner who made off over a football field not realising there was little boundary. Driver just ran him down and rifled his pockets.
As I suspected I was right about everything.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Currently having a war of words with management.

At about 6pm I was phoned by the operator telling me to attend the office at 10am tomorrow. This won't be to give me high praise for my diligent duty as a taxi driver, it'll be to answer a complaint of some sort. I told the oppo to reply saying that firstly I'm busy tomorrow am, which is the truth and secondly tell the new fleet manager to phone me. Oppo then got back to me saying that if I'm not there tomorrow I'll be bounced off the air! I instructed him to reply in his email to the fleet manager that I work nights and don't appreciate paying the firm £7000 a year to be treated like a naughty schoolboy by getting summoned to the headmaster's office.

Taxi complaints come in three levels of severity. Firm, licencing and police. Back when I was working for Frank customer complaints about WTC usually went as follows. "Warren, I've had Irene in my car last night, she's told me to tell you to have a shave and Hoover your car out" and the classic "Hank, our regular from The Kings Arms has been on the phone to June. Next time his lad Wade does a runner then Hank will pay the bill when you see him, there's no fucking need to floor the cunt and stand on his sprained and bandaged wrist until he tells you his PIN number!"
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

I really don't want this issue to escalate to the point where I jump ship to our rival firm although my current base need to remember that they're no longer the only game in town.

I'm not saying that I am God's gift to the licenced vehicle trade but if you were to ask all of our night operators and call handlers to each name 3 drivers they'd hate to lose the most out of the 700 drivers on the books then I promise that my name would feature on every one of their lists. I'm one of the few that they know that can be counted on to help them out when they're struggling to cover jobs and hardly ever return a job. If they send out a message asking for help covering an unpopular NHS or Merseyrail account job they know that I'll be the first to volunteer even if it's busy with cash work.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Fucking train driver from Merseyrail Apologises complained about my car needing a Hoover and about the blankets I was using to protect the back seat.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Warren t claim wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:20 am about the blankets I was using to protect the back seat.
It's 2024.

Blankets to protect your back seat is your grandad c.1973
angrydicky
The TDW Ancient Crock Appreciation Club (official) Chairman

Post by angrydicky »

Warren t claim wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:20 am Fucking train driver from Merseyrail Apologises complained about my car needing a Hoover and about the blankets I was using to protect the back seat.
Was that all it was?
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

angrydicky wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am
Warren t claim wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:20 am Fucking train driver from Merseyrail Apologises complained about my car needing a Hoover and about the blankets I was using to protect the back seat.
Was that all it was?
Yep. I was half tempted to kick off over that too.
Warren t claim

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. MG6 day tomorrow!

Post by Warren t claim »

Warren t claim wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:31 pm And that's £6500 down the shitter due to a mechanic (who was paid in advance) not lifting a spanner in over six weeks.
In a bizarre twist of fate the mechanic who lost me the £6500 is now out of rehab and I'm not the only one he's pissed off.

His ever growing list of sins includes staling £1000 from a 90 year old pensioner and he did a runner with a Mercedes V Class from Claim_Garage when he worked there. He agreed to buy it for £4000 @£100 per week and only ever made two payments.

Whispers on the bush telegraph involving a young, and somewhat handy lad who's a friend of the 90 year old blokes family, tel me that he's holed up in a caravan that belongs to his mum on a residential site in Wirral along with the Mercedes.I've spoken to the V Class owner's brother asking him to text me permission to seize it on his behalf. His answer was that he'd prefer to come along with me in person as he fucking hates the mechanic as well. So it looks like three of us will be paying him a visit this weekend.

Sources say that the Merc has a couple of flat tyres so we'll be bringing some tyre weld and a pump. We'll be arriving in the 3.5t Transit recovery truck if he's "lost" the keys. I do know that means I'll be risking an Eddie Honda CBW lardy lardy Twitter mention if I'm pulled by plod but I'm willing to take that chance.

Believe it or not, I'm actually the most calm of the three of us and I'm urging the other two to try and show some restraint and not provoke an ugly scene!
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Warren t claim wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:23 pm Believe it or not, I'm actually the most calm of the three of us
0_JS72834296.jpg
0_JS72834296.jpg (54.17 KiB) Viewed 190 times
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Eddie Honda wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:48 pm
Warren t claim wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:23 pm Believe it or not, I'm actually the most calm of the three of us
0_JS72834296.jpg
lockstock1.png
lockstock1.png (306.6 KiB) Viewed 184 times