Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by Hooli »

Been there.

/Claim to fame
Private signature, do not read
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

Hooli wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:06 pm Been there.

/Claim to fame
I think alot of folk have in years gone by. Was a good way to get tyres and in one case a gearbox.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

/Claim to fame
Did you sort out the Honda bits
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

DodgeRover wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:49 pm

/Claim to fame
Did you sort out the Honda bits
Yeah she's gone for the slightly narrower bars at £21 to get back on the road. They should arrive tomorrow. Annoyingly I've ordered from 4 miles away but it was a flat no when I asked if I could collect them. I could have got them from a local shop today.but at twice the price. They're made here as well, but that's trade only and no collections too.
The clutch lever will do for a bit where I straightened it. She's ordered a genuine one £14 and the frame section the RH pilly peg and exhaust hang on £10. The latter was bent in her first winter crash, I straightened it but it's creased and crappy looking
It'd be a shame to leave damaged bits on show when they're that cheap as the bike isn't a year old till June.
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

brandersnatch wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:55 pm Image

Here are some pics from the Revved Up Mods and Rockers day. Not many Mods in evidence.
Knee sliders when riding a Harley?
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

Jerzy Woking wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:39 am
brandersnatch wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:55 pm Image

Here are some pics from the Revved Up Mods and Rockers day. Not many Mods in evidence.
Knee sliders when riding a Harley?
He was just an innocent bystander 😉
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

The bars turned up for Nic's 125 this afternoon. Now fitted & test ridden, including drilling them for the switch gear as being for an older model the holes were in the wrong place & tiding up the loose wiring flapping around where she'd put heated grips & a quad lock on. That's all now taped up to seal the connectors & hidden away under the tank, looks much better.

Nic has told me before it loves bends, but I figured that was her just loving her first bike. But no it really does, I haven't laughed so much riding a bike for ages. Pin the throttle & just aim it, funny as fuck. Took me a while to work out what the flashing light on the dash was, turns out it's got an ECO light. Needless to say I only saw it when slowing down.

On Nellie (600 x 450).jpg
On Nellie (600 x 450).jpg (46.04 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

200km 3 hour Twisty route.jpg
200km 3 hour Twisty route.jpg (88.13 KiB) Viewed 170 times
Rode this this morning, set off at 10.00 and very warm. Its a great, twisty, up and down route, about 200kms and 3 hours, including a couple of coffee stops. Another plus is a lot of it has been resurfaced, and as smooth as a billiard table.

Did this route last month on the NC,750, but rode the Street Triple today, which was so much more fun and faster. Last time on the road from point C (Rellue) to El Campello, we passed what was, presumeably, a load of bike journalists parked up in a layby, next to a couple of Kawasaki vans and a load of Kawasaki 500's. From what I gather it was the bikes launch here, and what a great choice of road.
Hooli

Post by Hooli »

One mate came round at lunchtime, we fitted the longer shocks she'd got on the back of her Sportster. It's not dragging it's arse on the floor now so can lean a bit for bends. She got me to blat it up the road afterwards, it's rather slow. I'm sure the 883 I used to ride was a lot quicker so will have to get her to check what map is installed on the fuelpak it's got fitted.

Then I washed Quinn & put her away again no longer covered in mud up the front from the last few rides. I debated bobbing out for a brew somewhere but we were getting 5mins of heavy rain every hour & I couldn't be bothered.

Later on the usual one turned up. The new clutch lever had arrived for her 125 & the replacement frame section for the bit that'd got bent when she threw it down the road mid winter. It's a bolt on bit that holds the exhaust, pilly peg & rear brake pedal. Got that all fitted, she told me how her DAS lessons are going. I was surprised they had them out this morning in winds forecast at 45-50mph for slow speed riding, U-turns & the like for the Mod 1. No wonder she struggled a bit, most people with licences don't like wind, especially at low speed. Sounds like she wasn't far off getting it right and knows what she needs to do, which is most of the battle the way I see it.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

So how many are in your Harley hareem now?
And how do they pay you?