DozeyDustman's Fleet update.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Re: DozeyDustman's Fleet update.

Post by Eddie Honda »

dozeydustman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:56 am but the disc retainer screws turned to cheese
If they were in good shape before you started to mash them up, you weren't doing it with one of these

dozeydustman

Post by dozeydustman »

Eddie Honda wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:44 pm
dozeydustman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:56 am but the disc retainer screws turned to cheese
If they were in good shape before you started to mash them up, you weren't doing it with one of these

Mangled before I got my mitts on them.
Rave is a twat
dozeydustman

Post by dozeydustman »

Trying to find the source of water ingress on stepdaughter’s boyfriend’s 9-3 has been puzzling us. The boot interior is absolutely soaked, not helped by the recent shitty weather. Think it’s been the wettest winter since time immemorial.

The radio aerial was bust and not fully retracting. Yesterday he undone all the interior trim in the boot and the aerial was replaced. I did note that the nut holding the mounting block on the outside of the wing was quite loose so this may be a source of the water getting in. Putting a new aerial insert into the motor housing was fun* and still resulted in a lack of radio reception, so I can only conclude it’s disconnected at the head unit end. Radio reception in my area is generally poor on anything with better quality than medium wave.

After this was done, with all the seats folded flat he laid in the car while I squirted the hosepipe over the boot area, and no water ingress was found. I’m hoping it was just the loost aerial mount.
Rave is a twat