What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
BusmansHoliday

Re: What did you do today?

Post by BusmansHoliday »

LynehamHerc wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:51 pm Borrow one of XTs, they only seem to be used to go to the park so a 3-400 mile or whatever trip is bound to do it some good.
And it will be considerably cheaper for a return train trip than fueling the Jag or Merc.....
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

Just had a transit botherer appear unannounced to look at my tipper. No teeth in his head and a finger missing :lol:

My initial fears subsided when I discovered we had a couple of mutual friends in the scrap cars and tractors business and it turned out he used to own one of my land rovers.

Quite an interesting old dude and I was shown lots of phone photos of transits, cars, land rovers and bikes he has owned.

Every car he bought he put a diesel engine in, including a Rolls Royce and a Jag. He recommends the turbo diesel from a smiley transit for my 109.

Ended up not buying my transit but I did sell him a wheel with a new tyre on it and he might buy my Renault 5.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Renna 5 auto with a dizzler whacked in it? How grim!
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

Slow and noisy but a if banana is looked after it's a good lump.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Drum wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:43 pm Just had a transit botherer appear unannounced to look at my tipper. No teeth in his head and a finger missing :lol:

My initial fears subsided when I discovered we had a couple of mutual friends in the scrap cars and tractors business and it turned out he used to own one of my land rovers.

Quite an interesting old dude and I was shown lots of phone photos of transits, cars, land rovers and bikes he has owned.

Every car he bought he put a diesel engine in, including a Rolls Royce and a Jag. He recommends the turbo diesel from a smiley transit for my 109.

Ended up not buying my transit but I did sell him a wheel with a new tyre on it and he might buy my Renault 5.
Was he like this when he arrived or after you disagreed on price?
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

LynehamHerc wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:24 pm
Drum wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:43 pm Just had a transit botherer appear unannounced to look at my tipper. No teeth in his head and a finger missing :lol:

Was he like this when he arrived or after you disagreed on price?
Timewasters will be punished :twisted:
FatherJack

Post by FatherJack »

Changed the ignition switch on the Lancer as it had gone from occasional not cranking to being a bloody nuisance.
I didnt even try asking Mitsubishi, two switches were about £7 delivered from the GBOL, no idea why they were sold as a two pack though.

Popped the original open and it was all clagged up inside as expected.

On a whim I decided to have a go at the milky headlights, better but not brilliant, maybe AutoSol wasnt the best choice

I put all the tailgate trim back on the Transit.
The rear windscreen exploded on Friday, I asked to have it back without the trim fitted as I wanted to make sure all the stray glass was out after fitment of the new glass

The last thing a Transit needs is a new opportunity to rattle.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Read this:

They reckon the Model T is better than a jeep even now.

https://www.theautopian.com/how-the-for ... n-secrets/
FatherJack

Post by FatherJack »

If the world goes to shit in a spectacular way, think of London becoming a glow in the dark glass surfaced car park then simple technology might be all that is left working.
Anything with an ECU would probably be fried by an EMP bomb.

What is the least technical vehicle you would like to have tucked away for post armageddon ?
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I should get my Bonnie finished then, with the points fitted.
Private signature, do not read