United States of GRIZZ - Just how random do you want it?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Grizz

Re: United States of GRIZZ - Just how random do you want it?

Post by Grizz »

Bit of copy paste because we don’t all read the same threads or sections.

Been a bit unwell over the weekend.

D&V with 7 motions (thats not political but about the same as political promises)

Nausea continued and yesterday I went to the village pharmacy for some anti emetics only to be told they can’t sell to me. I need a prescription.

SERIOUSLY?

So I go to the GP surgery.

Dimwit desk driver, programmed to defeat says no doctors, no appointments, no prescription, no way to get help.

Now, the NHS that MY TAXES PAYS FOR keeps telling us they are improving the services.

How the hell can I not even self medicate or self treat, in order to reduce pressure on their system.

So the AI ( A is for Absolute and I for Imbecile not Intelligence) behind the desk tells me that I can do an E-Consult request.

So I go sit in my car outside and go online to try booking an online consultation to get some vomit pills before I get to taste my own butthole only to receive this message below.

So I walk back indoors (even more pissed off) to see said AI operator boot out an elderly lady who placed a request two weeks ago (I spoke to her in front of AI ass) When AI was telling said older lady to go make an E-Consult appointment I cut in and showed her my “error message” to which her response was “Oh yes, we only allow bookings between 08.00 and 10.00 because we are busy”

FFS.

So the other 22 hours you can die or vomit your lungs out or have a cardiac arrest and they will tell you there are no appointments.

I am so pissed and disappointed in the NHS and the lack of service I have experienced on a basic level.

Maybe I am the one overreacting.

Maybe.

As a former, qualified General Nurse, Midwife (male version) Psychiatric nurse and Occupational Health Nurse and Audiometer, I am absolutely disgusted and disappointed in what many people have to put up with.

I have also been on the receiving end of absolutely incredible levels of treatment and care in the system (2019)

My head hurts.

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem mate.
Grizz

Post by Grizz »

Short video clip of my buddy Vladimir in Russia at his garages. He owns two adjacent units where he runs his simple side hustle from.

Even with very little they make sure to remember that life is good.
59Impala

Post by 59Impala »

Looks like he and his mates are having fun which is what life should be. Good luck to them.
Grizz

Post by Grizz »

59Impala wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:28 pm Looks like he and his mates are having fun which is what life should be. Good luck to them.
We have gotten very drunk together with the help of WhatsApp and Google.

There’s a lot more to our story and friendship but that’s not for forums.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

It does make me wonder that we let the wrong fucking people get in charge of us all. Blokes in garages frying bacon and pissing about with old motors are surely one and the same across the globe?
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Grizz

Post by Grizz »

mercrocker wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:28 pm It does make me wonder that we let the wrong fucking people get in charge of us all. Blokes in garages frying bacon and pissing about with old motors are surely one and the same across the globe?
Absolutely.

I do a yearly 🇺🇸 road trip and you will see in the videos on my YouTube channel or previously when I wrote up my trips on that Retro Rides forum where the wokeish censoring used to fuck me off so badly that everyone is the same out there.

The Aftermath.

After getting the “go ahead “ from an unidentified nurse at the GP surgery (guess thats how they triage) on Tuesday afternoon I decided that driving between 12 and 25 miles to one of the three Urgent Care or Minor Injury Units near me in the late afternoon made less sense than my ongoing discomfort vs a traditional extended wait to be seen, sitting between all the locals and not so locals, plus facing traffic on our lovely roads.

So I kept drinking fluids and sat around deciding that if I felt sufficiently shit the next day I would go attend a clinic. Which typically did not happen as I felt reasonably well. With the nausea just constantly bubbling under the surface.

But by Friday morning I woke up feeling pretty shit again. An ongoing headache that was there constantly since Monday and a blood pressure check on Thursday made me get a small cooler bag with survival food, some juice and full charge on the phone ready.

So I headed to the nearest UTC at Gravesham Community Hospital.
Arriving there via SatNav directions the carpark was full and boom opened when someone left.
Parked up, grabbed a handful of change as instructed at the boom gate and headed in.
After struggling to find the right entrance and then right service, I took my space in line behind 9 hapless people and shuffled my way forward till it was my turn to speak clearly into the intercom. Four tries to get my 4 letter surname into their IT system had me show my phone screen to her surprise that worked.
Then the weirdest experience of signing in:
A small sign on a tongue depressor (I SHIT YOU NOT) enquiring Religion and Ethnicity. Bit of a WTF moment.
Eventually pointed at the 40 or so chairs and told to sit down.
3-5 minutes later a really competent make nurse called Pascal from Nigeria (yes I asked) called me in for triage, BP, Pulse and a few questions later I was sitting on a different chair waiting.
Less than 10 minutes later I was called in by a lady in scrubs who turned out to be Dr Patel. Parentage from India and Uganda.
Friendly, thorough, caring and not her first rodeo, she was like a real doctor, chasing various aspects of what brought me there including rolled up eyes when I apologised for my surgery not seeing me and when I mentioned they had been shut by CQC before.
Up on the examination table, she pushed and prodded my belly like a real old fashioned doctor would, clearly loving the fact that I complement her on technique and being the first doctor to actually touch me in over 10 years.
Some advice on keeping hydrated as she felt I was not sufficiently hydrated, and most importantly, a prescription for Stemetil (Prochlorperazine) which I had originally wanted from pharmacy or my GP surgery.

I said my thank yous and headed out.

All done in under an hour.

Why are more services not at this level.

Picked up the prescription at a different pharmacy as my local pharmacy did not keep it in stock.

So now back to your normal transmission.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Glad to hear you finally got sorted
Grizz

Post by Grizz »

DodgeRover wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:44 pm Glad to hear you finally got sorted
Of course it begs the question of WHY do I need to be fucked about for a week before getting what I asked for, 13 miles, one paid for carpark and two hours out of my day, and feeling shit for a week later.

Just makes no sense.
Last edited by Grizz on Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grizz

Post by Grizz »

So the Rezin Rockit has very much been on the back burner since summer.

Amazingly its a year since I took it in for its first MOT test which it passed straight away.

Not used much because I have 4 vehicles on the drive and when employed a company car that I use on the way home for groceries etc.

In preparation for this years fresh MOT I went though all the various things that I could check and test at home.
The one brake light did not come on.

So I looked at the obvious, the bulb was fine, connecting seemed good.

Stumped. Easy for me to be stumped.

So I sent the video above to Nick Wheeler by text requesting his help. Of course he was going to come last weekend which turned into a shitshow Literally.
So we cancelled.
Then he came yesterday and we ean through the usual checklist.
He checked the lightbulb and found there was no continuity despite the filament being intact.
Then dropped and smashed it.
I dug out my reserve bulbs, Nick checked and found one he liked.
We had already checked the rear light fittings and all was good.
So a bit of scotch pad and emery paper to clean up the contacts plus tensioning the fitting meant take 2.

Successful

Happy too.

So I washed and cleaned the Rezin Rockit in preparation for a hopeful MOT test on Monday if weather conditions permit and of course I need an appointment.

Fingers crossed.

Once I have a fresh MOT it will be up for sale as I do need the space.

Grizz

Post by Grizz »

So I called the MOT testing centre and got a booking for 12.30

Headed out  

Place was running on time with loads of vehicles waiting to be tested  

Rezin Rockit went in and onto the ramps. 

I chatted to a couple of people outside, one guys Astra came out, failed on some aspects. 
Not encouraging to see  

Later I heard the Jeep being reversed out of the building, it does sound rather nice  even if I have to say it  

Tester said “Nice car, all is good, let me do the paperwork “ 

So I went inside and paid for the test  

MOT to 24 February 2025

Once done I headed outside where the car was waiting and headed home  

Now I really need to get my finger out and create an advertisement and associated value for this little car to find a new home. 

It was great fun to build and is no perfect trailer queen but I need the space.