What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
DodgeRover

Re: What did you do today?

Post by DodgeRover »

Likewise also sorry to hear.
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

All the best Pin.
BusmansHoliday

Post by BusmansHoliday »

So, my mate Dennis rocked up this lunchtime in his Octavia and I jumped in with a carrier bag containing Allen keys, Torex fittings and Chinese trim removal tools. The heavy infantry was in the boot.
So, a pair of pensioners headed off to the Barnsley scrap yards because some cunt had smashed the drivers side door mirror off his Octavia whilst parked in Morrison's.
We were lucky because they had a single Octavia in the yard, engine less but the drivers side mirror was intact. We were even luckier because somebody had already removed the internal door trim. One Torex screw later and the mirror was in Dennis's hand and the scrap man was £15 richer.
Back to Dennis's and by the time Dennis had made a coffee I was already well on removing the door trim. Didn't take too long and Dennis has a new, working door mirror, shame it's pale blue and his car is slate grey.
Looked up how to change the cover, doesn't just clip on, a right fooking ball ache of a job to do.
"Dennis"
"What"
"Wait for a nice day and get down to Rotherham Refinishing".
"Why"
"Get them to make up a match can of paint and spray the bastard".
Job done.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Ah, the days when everything was that easy............. Good result.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

Checked the engine oil in the tractor and it was milky again. It's only done about an hour's work since I changed it. Fuck knows where the water is coming from as the coolant is clean and hasn't dropped at all. There's no obvious way rain water is getting in either. I've put fresh oil in again and put it under cover pending further investigation.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Took the MGB out for a run.

Towards the end the oil pressure fluctuated quite rapidly between about 55 and 80 psi when I was off the throttle. I vaguely remember that it's done this a couple of times in the past and has 'fixed itself'.
The oil level is OK so I'm leaving it, assuming it's the result of being stood for a few weeks. I know that might not make sense but it's a pragmatic 'solution' at the moment.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Is it a physical oil feed line or electrically operated?
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Physical.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Swapped Jag for the Merc, had to take the Merc to the petrol station as it was devoid of the potion that makes motion... Fucking garage has one entire lane (of two) dedicated to 'Pay at Pumps' which is fine by me as if I go in the shop, I spend money. But today, every single 'Pay at Pump' pump was out of order!

I had to queue with the plebs to fill up and then go in the shop with the pungent residents of Torbay in order to pay. It's just NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!!

Perhaps I am in a tiny bit of a Bad Fucking Mood Today!!!!
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

LynehamHerc wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:24 pm Took the MGB out for a run.

Towards the end the oil pressure fluctuated quite rapidly between about 55 and 80 psi when I was off the throttle. I vaguely remember that it's done this a couple of times in the past and has 'fixed itself'.
The oil level is OK so I'm leaving it, assuming it's the result of being stood for a few weeks. I know that might not make sense but it's a pragmatic 'solution' at the moment.
Gummed up pressure relief valve that washes clean after a bit of use? Or the same with some gummy old oil in the line to the gauge. In a similar way I had car years ago that kept displaying the oil light but never sounded lacking in oil. I took the pressure switch out & the end of it was utterly gummed up with old oil. A careful dig around with a bit of wire to clean it & the oil light never came on when running again.
Private signature, do not read