What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
SiC
It's S small i C

Re: What did you do today?

Post by SiC »

Once the Merc is fixed, I won't even be getting use of it straight after. As mentioned a few weeks ago, my Brother-in-law hit a fallen tree around a blind corner along the A4 in my sister's Bini. They gave their other car back to the finance company during COVID (as they didn't drive as much) and never bothered to have two cars. Except they didn't tick the hire car box on their insurance. It is actually being repaired but not sure how long it'll be. Tbh I did think they'd write it off.
So I'm lending them the Merc. This was an okay plan until I sold the TT and replaced it with a Golf that I can't fully trust yet and I've actually broken already. 🫠

I'm glad the brakes are being sorted as I don't want the Merc failing them, especially with my young nephew being onboard.
Attachments
IMG-20240122-WA0001~2.jpg
IMG-20240122-WA0001~2.jpg (466.15 KiB) Viewed 270 times
IMG-20240122-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20240122-WA0008.jpg (362.66 KiB) Viewed 270 times
IMG-20240122-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20240122-WA0006.jpg (360.64 KiB) Viewed 270 times
IMG-20240122-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20240122-WA0004.jpg (311.24 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

That's quite a dented Maxi, I'm surprised it's not written off too. Must be a chance the shell is twisted around the windscreen pillars

Remind him about only driving as fast as you can see to stop before he gets the Merc though.
Private signature, do not read
Alf892

Post by Alf892 »

Not today but Saturday…..
An acquaintance has an A30 which I helped to get back on the road a while ago. He asked if I would help him get it started at the weekend. I was surprised as an old a series will usually fire up easily enough so I popped round with a set of jump leads and a few tools.
It soon became clear the starter was fucked……so trip home again for more tools and a jack. Another trip after that for battery saw……followed straight away by yet another trip to fetch battery for said saw

What a twat to change! All unbolted but I simply couldn’t get the fucker out……it eventually fell out after while I was cutting the shaft with a battery saw…..

Then couldn’t get the new one in…..had to remove a section of bolt in chassis flitch next to the steering box which I only spotted having removed the dizzy and oil filter. I’ve fitted dozens of a series starters over the years and never struggled like that!
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

Went to Somerset and saw a collection of lovely MG’s , a nice Mercedes and a, um, er, an Golf. Came home with a nice little TT that daughter No.2 is well made up with, even though she did manage to push the hazard switch into the dash meaning Mrs N had to talk her through removing the stereo to refit the switch and turn the hazards off! Why she’d been messing with the hazards whilst in a petrol station I don’t know, we were 2 hours behind her on the M5.

Paparazzo picture available elsewhere on this forum.
cuntbuster

Post by cuntbuster »

That car was an absolute bargain, it will probably go up in value by the time she's done with it.
Who you gonna call
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

How on earth did she manage that - did she literally punch the switch or something?! Certainly no one should mess with the NorfolkNWeigh's. 🤣
I've seen people mention it happening with the TTs but I used the hazard lights often to say thank you/etc and never managed that!

Glad she's happy with it though. That was a good little car for me. Just don't add up all the receipts in the wallet since I purchased it. 😅

Did you pop into Clevedon on the way back in the end?
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

SiC wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:37 pm Once the Merc is fixed, I won't even be getting use of it straight after. As mentioned a few weeks ago, my Brother-in-law hit a fallen tree around a blind corner along the A4 in my sister's Bini. They gave their other car back to the finance company during COVID (as they didn't drive as much) and never bothered to have two cars. Except they didn't tick the hire car box on their insurance. It is actually being repaired but not sure how long it'll be. Tbh I did think they'd write it off.
So I'm lending them the Merc. This was an okay plan until I sold the TT and replaced it with a Golf that I can't fully trust yet and I've actually broken already. 🫠

I'm glad the brakes are being sorted as I don't want the Merc failing them, especially with my young nephew being onboard.
Liked only because thank fuck the tree didn't go right into the cabin. Lottery ticket needs to be bought this week with luck like that!
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

Finally got a 90% working armrest on the A4 cab now. A new latch came in the post and although the spring wouldn't stay in, it does now mean that the lid can be secured in the closed position.

I got an offer to buy the Saab yesterday which was great but I am no longer in a position to be changing cars for the time being as my dad has very much taken a turn for the worse and I need to be available to help my mum when needed. I am sad to say I don't think he has very long.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Thoughts with you Mr Pin.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Sorry to hear that.