What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Re: What did you do today?

Post by mercrocker »

I put my games token into the Focus dash fruit machine today and got....No warning lights at all.....

Still don't trust the fucker, it is going in next Monday so they can shove a blunt knife up its arse and see what money can be shaken out of it/me.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
59Impala

Post by 59Impala »

In other Focus news I decided to check the tyre pressures today, had to put two pounds into the right front. That was it. Exciting huh?
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

Got rid of the Chrysler 300 that I bought 2 weeks ago, lost £200 but just relieved it’s gone. I’m getting to be a bit of a mental midget in my old age and it was just adding to my list of woes. Think I’ll put off getting something else until I’ve sorted out another job and get my latest scan results back . Fuck me I’m an oversharing bed wetting cunt, sometimes.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Used the Jag, it's a lovely old heap, it really is. Smooth, fast(ish) and very quiet.

As a bonus, Bella has one rear window while his royal Chesterness has the other, It's good fun using the door mirrors and see a mutts face/ears/jowls flapping about in the breeze!
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

xtriple wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:06 pm Used the Jag, it's a lovely old heap, it really is. Smooth, fast(ish) and very quiet.

As a bonus, Bella has one rear window while his royal Chesterness has the other, It's good fun using the door mirrors and see a mutts face/ears/jowls flapping about in the breeze!
Well that’s already made me start looking at Jag XJs, so much for not buying a car straight away . I had my first XJ6 when I was 20, I’m 60 in 2 weeks maybe I’m actually old enough for one now. Wouldn’t trust my fuckwit near an open window though.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

NorfolkNWeigh wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:39 pm I’m 60 in 2 weeks maybe I’m actually old enough for one now.
Tommy says: Oi! Shut it!
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Eddie Honda wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:02 pm
NorfolkNWeigh wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:39 pm I’m 60 in 2 weeks maybe I’m actually old enough for one now.
Tommy says: Oi! Shut it!
So does your monkey god!
Private signature, do not read
nebuchenezer
Captain Turdseye!

Post by nebuchenezer »

Finished in Yorkshire tank god. Fuck it, booked a holiday in Egypt today. Expect I’ll have to find a new job soon
nebuchenezer
Captain Turdseye!

Post by nebuchenezer »

nebuchenezer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:42 pm Finished in Yorkshire thank god. Fuck it, booked a holiday in Egypt today. Expect I’ll have to find a new job soon
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

While driving back from looking at a car, my neighbour phoned.

His 2010 118d shat itself near home and he urgently needed a tow. Driving along to find it suddenly just cut out and die.

I did the right thing and assisted him. He did keep pressing the brakes and tightening the tow rope up.

Anyway got him home. I did a quick scan to find cam sensor and low fuel rail pressure. He's fully expecting it to be dead.

He's the type that never services a car. I think he's done 100k+ in it so far some how.

I might unplug the cam sensor and see if it starts. The engine turns over but sounds lumpy and not an even note. My first thought was chains given the engine on it. But perhaps maybe it is simply a sensor gone and bad information is making it sound lumpy on turn over as it's injecting in at the wrong time?