What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
NorfolkNWeigh

Re: What did you do today?

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

Mrs has been using the Boxster for the last few days, as sitting around seems to be the worst thing for any car. Anyway headlight bulb went last night, so I found a bulb and prepared to do battle. What a pleasant surprise, the easiest bulb I’ve ever changed, there’s a special 5mm socket in the toolkit, remove a rubber plug in the front boot, half a turn on 5 mm nut , then slide complete headlamp unit out. Simple access to all bulbs. Slide it back in, half a turn to lock in place. Done!
Life is so much easier when there’s not an engine in the way. But the way everything is so well thought out and the quality of all the fixings make everything more pleasant when things aren’t built down to price.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Had a nasty surprise this morning, passenger side window down about 2 inches and a large puddle on the seat, Chester's blanket soaked and the door card swimming.

My initial thought was that I had had a 'senior' moment, but when I tried to put that window up, it just kept bouncing back to the 2 inches open position. Fuckstix...

I had to do a hard reset and then reset all the window limits. Dried out the passenger seat (it has a heavy-duty waterproof cover on it, that was about an inch deep) and taken Chester's blanket indoors and it's gently stinking the place out as it dries on the radiator!

I am now even more paranoid and have to keep going outside to check the fucking windows are all shut!
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

NorfolkNWeigh wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:17 pm Mrs has been using the Boxster for the last few days, as sitting around seems to be the worst thing for any car. Anyway headlight bulb went last night, so I found a bulb and prepared to do battle. What a pleasant surprise, the easiest bulb I’ve ever changed, there’s a special 5mm socket in the toolkit, remove a rubber plug in the front boot, half a turn on 5 mm nut , then slide complete headlamp unit out. Simple access to all bulbs. Slide it back in, half a turn to lock in place. Done!
Life is so much easier when there’s not an engine in the way. But the way everything is so well thought out and the quality of all the fixings make everything more pleasant when things aren’t built down to price.

You can tell VW weren't involved with it.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

20231116_144442.jpg
20231116_144442.jpg (205.9 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
Went to the beach. It was windy.
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Looking like that at many of the beaches over here for the last few weeks. It's been a stormy season already over here. All fingers crossed you don't get a balmy winter season this year again.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

SiC wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:18 am Looking like that at many of the beaches over here for the last few weeks. It's been a stormy season already over here. All fingers crossed you don't get a balmy winter season this year again.
Yeah, the Gulf never gets breakers like that. Real unusual.
Red and purple flags yesterday; high danger and dangerous marine life present.
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

I thought Phil had gone to Cornwall....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

It's like that here as well, we've got a few surfing schools dotted around.

Fortunately it's not that well known so the roads aren't littered with the wrecks of burnt out T2s in the summer.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

In the last "storm" there was some bell-end down our local beach taking "cowabunga" videos of ploughing his T4 through the surf as it almost completely flooded the spit road which it does in high winds-against-tide. I'd like to see underneath that van in a few months time.....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

And then there'll be a facebòok post ranting about how VWs rot.