What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Re: What did you do today?

Post by paulplom »

Collecting from Esh Winning in the morning.
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

TT MK1s will go up in value but it will be a wee while yet and it's only going to be really nice 225s. Nobody will care that the 180 is only a little less quick, that's just the way it will be.

Mine is a good base to start from but there's no point tidying it as my wife will be continuing to use it as a daily after all.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

fraser wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:23 pm Remapped to 237bhp, goes like a scalded cat, and will get over 50mph at 90 on the motorway.
51mph? That's pants! :lol: Flaming dizzlers!
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

fraser wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:25 pm
paulplom wrote:It's nothing personal Fraser. He hates all my cars for some unfathomable reason.
Welcome to the German turbo diesel convertible club mate.

Sent from my RMO-NX1 using Tapatalk
Oh no ! I’m in the same club as Fraser and Mario, does that mean I’m likely to be on some sort of register or watch list ?
fraser

Post by fraser »

Eddie Honda wrote:
fraser wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:23 pm Remapped to 237bhp, goes like a scalded cat, and will get over 50mph at 90 on the motorway.
51mph? That's pants! Image Flaming dizzlers!
Fucking autocorrect, and me not proof reading my post.

fraser

Post by fraser »

NorfolkNWeigh wrote:
fraser wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:25 pm
paulplom wrote:It's nothing personal Fraser. He hates all my cars for some unfathomable reason.
Welcome to the German turbo diesel convertible club mate.

Oh no ! I’m in the same club as Fraser and Mario, does that mean I’m likely to be on some sort of register or watch list ?
From the POF thread, I believe it means you get a plethora of sex. Looks like German turbo diesel convertible's are fanny magnets!

SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

fraser wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:23 pm
SiC wrote:I'd rather puke in my own mouth and swallow it than have a diesel convertible. That'd certainly be a nicer experience than choking on the putrid fumes of a PD - especially one with the DPF removed. With the roof down, you also get the delights of the usual PD noise rattling itself away. NVH - all of them.

Running an engine for any distance with the oil pressure low light on will fuck an engine. There are far too many TTs about still for them to be going up in value anytime soon. Especially badly modded and knackered examples. They made loads of them and shipped thousands of boatloads over here.
I've got a 120d Sport convertible and love it. Remapped to 237bhp, goes like a scalded cat, and will get over 50mph at 90 on the motorway.

Well done you 👏
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Split_Pin wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:41 pm TT MK1s will go up in value but it will be a wee while yet and it's only going to be really nice 225s. Nobody will care that the 180 is only a little less quick, that's just the way it will be.

Mine is a good base to start from but there's no point tidying it as my wife will be continuing to use it as a daily after all.
It'll be the VR6 and the Quattro Sport that will only be worth any money making it worth keeping for that reason. They've already climbed in value - especially an original QS that still has its fancy seats and the rare manual VR6.

All the same with stuff like the Clio 1*2 that people keep thinking will rocket in value. The ones that are worth real money is the Trophy and bonkers V6. Same with Pumas are cheap unless it's the rare and special racing puma - which is already worth decent money. Same with Focus MK1 Vs Focus MK1 RS. Etcetera.
All the above (and many other examples) can have the plainer fast models for cheap still.

Just rag the fucker and use it as a cheap, easily replaceable runaround with a half decent bit of poke without worrying needing to dispose of it if it starts breaking big style.
BusmansHoliday

Post by BusmansHoliday »

Day 2 of fucking about with the Notes suspension problems.

Amazingly ECP had all the parts ready for me this morning and they were the correct ones !. New bottom arm fitted to O/S/F and wheels back on.
Dismantled the N/S/F suspension (the droplink even came off), now the HBOL says you need to remove the windscreen wipers and scuttle panel to get to the third top mounting bolt. Nissan weren't that stupid, there's a little flap you lift and a 3/8" drive and 13mm socket slot straight down.
All off and into the garage for the dangerous bit.
IMG_20230930_140214350.jpg
IMG_20230930_140214350.jpg (405.15 KiB) Viewed 260 times
Unfortunately water has spent many years in the top mount 'bowl' and the centre of the shocker bolt, where you stick the Allen key to stop it rotating was totally rotten. Tried all the tricks, belting a T40 trorex in but no joy, it's not going to give, and although I could cut the bastard bolt out I've still got to reassemble it.

Trip to GSF in Sheffield on Monday am as they were less than half the price of ECP for a new shocker assembly and top mounts.

To be continued, again !
Arthur Foxhake

Post by Arthur Foxhake »

BMW has gone. Thankfully, the original owner wanted it back, so, no need to sell to the public.
Incoming is a 1996 Isuzu trooper 3.1.
A bit more me. Can fit my mixer in it.