What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Re: What did you do today?

Post by xtriple »

Polished the Jag (again, OCD doesn't like dog slobber down the sides or dust/bird poo on the roof) and then got the dustpan and brush out and swept out the inside. It was so NOT dirty inside even I considered getting the hoover out to be... excessive!
red5

Post by red5 »

DodgeRover wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:45 pm
red5 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:44 pm https://photos.app.goo.gl/5EyqtDBoUj47X7JRA
I was expecting that van at the end to pull out in front of it!
Same here tbh!
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

I've never been in one and it's many years since I've seen one in real life.
Just how safe are they, say compared to an original Mini?
red5

Post by red5 »

LynehamHerc wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:12 am I've never been in one and it's many years since I've seen one in real life.
Not safe at all in that sense. It's fibre glass (crazed/cracked already) on a box section chassis - shrapnel will kill you if the impact doesn't.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

red5 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:03 pm
LynehamHerc wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:12 am I've never been in one and it's many years since I've seen one in real life.
Not safe at all in that sense. It's fibre glass (crazed/cracked already) on a box section chassis - shrapnel will kill you if the impact doesn't.
Excellent news for its inevitable crash in London.
Private signature, do not read
LynehamHerc

Post by LynehamHerc »

It's probably about the most unsuitable vehicle* that you could use there especially as the average road user will probably think that it's a rogue wheely bin.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

With my bad back showing little sign of abating I am not walking to some of my work at the moment and have pressed the Minor back into daily useage. It's coping well and had a good clear out down the A36 to my chiro lady last night so I gave it a bit of a fettle this morning, greased the front end, topped up the front shocks - that sort of thing.

I'd had a bit of trouble with the washers lately, it has a 1960s Trico electric bottle but I've had a couple of blockages. Took the bottle out and emptied it....Fucking hell, I'm expecting a letter from David Attenborough and that Packham cunt after what I just washed down the drain - I'm sure something in there had two heads.

I've never taken it off before and I doubt the PO did so that's 30 years of gunk - luckily the pump still functions perfectly. I was worried about snapping the water pipe stem as it is a completely moulded lid but a nice warm day helped with that.

It reminds me of a Triumph TR concours I attended once near Dortmund - the cars had those lovely glass sweetie-jar washer bottles and some Krauts had plopped a goldie into theirs (not sure which Triumph had that on the option list, mind) which swam pointlessly round and round. I bet they lobbed them in a tributary of the Ruhr afterwards but I wonder how much goldfish shit found its way into pumps and nozzles.....
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
LynehamHerc

Post by LynehamHerc »

Took the MGB for a run early today before the roads get clogged with tourists heading for the beach. It stalled once coming up to a junction in neutral even though the tickover is set ok. The dash pots are OK so I'll have a nosey around, the fuel filter probably being the first.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

I took the filter off the Minor eventually, no matter where it got put or how the pipework was routed it would stall the car on occasion. Used to get hot starting maladies too. I still have a miss under initial load which I was hoping would have disappeared but it behaves itself in all weathers, temperatures and traffic conditions and touch wood no blocked jets as yet. I never run the tank below 1/4 though and never fill it either so that if it has a spell of inactivity I can top up with fresh fuel.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

I have to say,I was mighty impressed with the electronic fuel pump I put on the Sprite.
Granted it's only spring feed but it's quite active in terms of wanting to kick so it ran fine even on e5.

Phil
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag