Does this count as a Barn find?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
NigelBickle

Re: Does this count as a Barn find?

Post by NigelBickle »

912 is a nicer car though. The SC was the ‘ munter’, used & abused. Cost me a fortune when the engine failed - head bolts stretched & destroyed the engine. Was never the same after- a much better engine than the car.

Yes Metric wheels - handy as I’ve a couple of sets of the useless buggers. 5x 108 so I think swopsies needed, something sensible short- term. fairly soon. Front wheel has to come off just to get the bloody battery out.

I’ll give it a clean up over Easter, get the interior out to repair mice damage, & see if I can persuade the engine to turn over on a spanner.
Then belts when the weather warms, fuel system clean & eventual fire up. It’ll be a bastard - cos it always was!

No damn rush though, wife needs to get used to the idea. Gently gently….
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I can't believe you have a ferrari and Never mentioned it. If I had a ferrari every fucker would know!
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Given how you go on about your Aldi that's entirely believable.
NigelBickle

Post by NigelBickle »

Err. I’ve got 2. This is the simpler one to recommission.
NigelBickle

Post by NigelBickle »

And they are shit cars anyway. Badly built, expensive to maintain, uncomfortable, attract the worst attitudes in society.
I’m getting them out ( hopefully- Management dependant) to get them back into a condition that the kids can have them. They wouldn’t know where to start, with stuff like this.
christine

Post by christine »

Did you shag my mum ...? Dad , i've found you !
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

I'd love a Ferrari 348 as an affordable Ferrari.
Unfortunately they've shot up in price in the last 10yrs and are no longer affordable. This is despite being a "poor mans" Ferrari.
Incidentally the ECU is one of the few bits of electronics on it. It's exactly the same ECU as a Peugeot 306 1.8 petrol. Swap the EPROM out with the 348 engine map and it's good to go. There is one ECU per bank.

Maybe I can snag a 360 F1. There is aftermarket kits to convert them from the robotic auto to a full manual gear change when they inevitably break. So perhaps a cheap broken one will come up some time.
captain_cal

Post by captain_cal »

Fuckinell, subscribed!
NigelBickle

Post by NigelBickle »

To date, given it a clean ( well tried too, but there was more dust on it than my cleaning gear could cope- so that needs a revisit!)
Took the interior out. Seats need a bit of attention,but nowt serious, carpets went through the washing machine & came up lovely. Trim & centre console is still to come out - & the gear lever seems seized ( bit of an unexpected suprise! It moves across the neutral gate but doesn’t want to select gears ( clutchless). Suspect it’s at the gearbox end..

Got everything open, a bit better lubed so it’s moving free- er. It needs power to open on the solenoids, but emergency cables will do, for now.

Discovered the distributor caps and ht leads are missing! I ‘ think’ I took them off to stop the kids playing, before it got racked, but I can’t remember where I put them! Plenty of time to find them - cos I really don’t want to buy new.

Next is the o/s front wheel off, to get at the battery ( new replacement en route) & near side rear - so I can get at the crank. Plugs will come out with atf down the’oles a few times, see if I can persuade it over. That’s the biggy. See where we go, from there!
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

NigelBickle wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:05 pm To date, given it a clean ( well tried too, but there was more dust on it than my cleaning gear could cope- so that needs a revisit!)
Took the interior out. Seats need a bit of attention,but nowt serious, carpets went through the washing machine & came up lovely. Trim & centre console is still to come out - & the gear lever seems seized ( bit of an unexpected suprise! It moves across the neutral gate but doesn’t want to select gears ( clutchless). Suspect it’s at the gearbox end..

Got everything open, a bit better lubed so it’s moving free- er. It needs power to open on the solenoids, but emergency cables will do, for now.

Discovered the distributor caps and ht leads are missing! I ‘ think’ I took them off to stop the kids playing, before it got racked, but I can’t remember where I put them! Plenty of time to find them - cos I really don’t want to buy new.

Next is the o/s front wheel off, to get at the battery ( new replacement en route) & near side rear - so I can get at the crank. Plugs will come out with atf down the’oles a few times, see if I can persuade it over. That’s the biggy. See where we go, from there!
Didn't this Mondial have a short appearance on Deals On Wheels?
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.