1963 Rover P4 110

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: Rover P4 - Arrived!

Post by Hooli »

That's odd, you normally do it at the same time. Even though you don't have too.
Private signature, do not read
angrydicky
The TDW Ancient Crock Appreciation Club (official) Chairman

Post by angrydicky »

SiC wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:43 pm Perhaps I should change those original plates to modern stamped reproductions 🤔

It'd need an MOT to get the plate off. I am actually intending to MOT it at some point...
Needs a few bits fixing first though as it'll fail on some electrical bits.
Rear plate is original. Front repro.

Looks like the same Hills plates as my Cambridge with the silver digits.
ANYWAY, moving swiftly on from number plate waffling, this P4 does look a much better bet than the other one.
I bet you can get hold of a better secondhand front bumper quite easily, and a pair of overriders for the back, which will really tidy it up.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Actually missed that the rear overriders aren't there.

Plan is to wire wheel the front bumper and give my Halfords can of Chrome spray paint a go. I can't make it any worse!

Mrs SiC first comment when I sent it to her was that I said it was in good condition but the front is all rusty! While I appreciate the patina look it has, the front bumper does make it look scruffy rather than well worn. New chrome part will be too much. Sprayed
painted chrome probably will have the rust break through after a while outside and weather it anyway. Alternative is powder coating.

Used bumpers go for around £200 which is a bit pricey for me on this.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Back in about 1987 I sprayed my bmx with chrome spray. It looked pretty decent and fooled a good few of my mates. It'll be perfect for your rover and I imagine the paint will have improved quite a bit too.
borniteidentity

Post by borniteidentity »

angrydicky wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:01 pm
SiC wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:43 pm Perhaps I should change those original plates to modern stamped reproductions 🤔

It'd need an MOT to get the plate off. I am actually intending to MOT it at some point...

ANYWAY, moving swiftly on from number plate waffling, this P4 does look a much better bet than the other one.
I bet you can get hold of a better secondhand front bumper quite easily, and a pair of overriders for the back, which will really tidy it up.
It’d look great on my Nissan Leaf 🤣
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

Or some modern reflective Perspex plates for the laughs. Imaging the grinding of teeth.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

Blast and powdercoat the bumper in chrome effect - it'll look alright.
angrydicky

Post by angrydicky »

borniteidentity wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:26 pm
angrydicky wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:01 pm

It’d look great on my Nissan Leaf 🤣
Bastard!
angrydicky

Post by angrydicky »

I think I might have a pair of P4 overriders in my spares stock. I bought them years ago from an autojumble for my dad's MK2 Consul, but they didn't fit the bumper profile despite being a very similar design, so I decided they were P4.
I might have sold them at some point though as I haven't seen them for ages. I'll see if I can find them at the weekend.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Doing something with that front bumper would really smarten it up, definately do something with that hole in be rear wing even if it's only gaffer tape to stop anybody whining you are driving a dangerous vehicle.

I thought this had just been driven down the motorway in London or was that a different one?