Stupid questions about motorised conveyances

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
FatherJack

Re: Stupid questions about motorised conveyances

Post by FatherJack »

Warren t claim wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:38 pm I know of the company but I can't say that I've ever seen the Jeep driving around.

There probably isnt any sufficiently challenging terrain to drive it on with an all terain rock crawler Plow, He should move to Oxfordshire.

It took the bickering twats 18 months to fix this, 9 months of which spent arguing which parish owned the road.
The road was upgraded on the cheap some years before, they neglected to add culverts for streams.
Mother Nature won.
Motherfuckers bitched back and forth blamestorming, meanwhile people clogged the surrounding roads and villages.
crackedup.jpg
crackedup.jpg (72.94 KiB) Viewed 600 times
When it was done the speed limit was lowered from National limit to 40Mph because it was caused by speeding cars or something.
Whatever
FLID!

Post by Whatever »

Trailer lights on a small lightweight bike trailer ?
I don’t know if legally I would need a fog light on the trailer if I didn’t use the car fog light ? And would it need working reversing lights ?
I’ve found a pre made wiring kit for the new car which is plug and play on everything but the fog and reverse light , and I don’t fancy cutting the wires .
I only use it during daylight so really it’s just brake lights and indicators to keep it looking legal ish !
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Definately no need for reversing lights, not sure about a fog light but I can't remember them on marker boards
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Only need reversing lights on bigger (>750kg), newer stuff (2012).

Fog light is for >1.3m

https://ate-uk.com/trailer-lighting-regulations/
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

If a vehicle runs better with the MAF disconnected does this mean the MAF is faulty out there is a different fault causing issues further down the line and a default map is a closer match to the required?

Sic doors your scanner show live data? Individual cylinders etc, how much are they and do they do pretty much any vehicle?
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

DodgeRover wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:26 pm If a vehicle runs better with the MAF disconnected does this mean the MAF is faulty out there is a different fault causing issues further down the line and a default map is a closer match to the required?
Generally yes. It'll use default assumption values with it disconnected. So shouldn't drive better with it disconnected.
DodgeRover wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:26 pm Sic doors your scanner show live data? Individual cylinders etc, how much are they and do they do pretty much any vehicle?
Yes.
Depends on what the manufacturer provides out of the port. Basically does almost the same as a factory tool
Yes.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

SiC wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:32 pm
DodgeRover wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:26 pm If a vehicle runs better with the MAF disconnected does this mean the MAF is faulty out there is a different fault causing issues further down the line and a default map is a closer match to the required?
Generally yes. It'll use default assumption values with it disconnected. So shouldn't drive better with it disconnected.
DodgeRover wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:26 pm Sic doors your scanner show live data? Individual cylinders etc, how much are they and do they do pretty much any vehicle?
Yes.
Depends on what the manufacturer provides out of the port. Basically does almost the same as a factory tool
Yes.
How much was your scanner? I remember Paul buying one on your recommendation
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Foxwell NT680 PRO

I think I paid £280 off Amazon or around similar
fraser

Post by fraser »

DodgeRover wrote:
SiC wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:32 pm
Yes.
Yes.
How much was your scanner? I remember Paul buying one on your recommendation
I don't know where you are in the country, but anywhere near Herefordshire, and you are welcome to borrow my x431

https://uk.launchx431pro.com/products/l ... iwQAvD_BwE

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

fried onions

Post by fried onions »

What was the first British car with a key start?
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.