Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by Hooli »

Warren t claim wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:05 pm
Eddie Honda wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:55 pm I complain that there nothing cheap for sale when I need a bike, but I don't need another shed.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for- ... 0/33414941
Good goin bike,

98k miles, New tyres front and rear, Could do with some TLC. Great tourer or work hack.
Screenshot_2023-02-22-14-51-43-068_ie.donedeal.android.jpg

I reckon it'll be gone by Friday, if not today.

ETA: 17:50 AD GONE
Due to reasons of extreme bigotry, I've never ridden a Pan. Am I missing out on anything?
Only a good sleep. Bar the footpeg angle I couldn't fault the one I had, but it was very dull.

The pegs sweep back a bit to help your knees fit around the engine, but that makes my crap knee ache so I wasn't keep on it.
Private signature, do not read
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Hooli wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:07 pm
Warren t claim wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:05 pm
Eddie Honda wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:55 pm I complain that there nothing cheap for sale when I need a bike, but I don't need another shed.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for- ... 0/33414941

Screenshot_2023-02-22-14-51-43-068_ie.donedeal.android.jpg

I reckon it'll be gone by Friday, if not today.

ETA: 17:50 AD GONE
Due to reasons of extreme bigotry, I've never ridden a Pan. Am I missing out on anything?
Only a good sleep. Bar the footpeg angle I couldn't fault the one I had, but it was very dull.

The pegs sweep back a bit to help your knees fit around the engine, but that makes my crap knee ache so I wasn't keep on it.
15 years ago I viewed becoming a Pan Man one small step away from wearing a POLITE tabard.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I was having neck issues so got one as I was offered it stupidly cheap and I thought I needed a screen.
The problem turned out to be a dodgy helmet, it didn't feel loose but it rattled at speed. I sold the Pan as at the time there were only two tyres for the odd sized rear and neither worked on wet or cold roads, so fuck all use on what had become a winter bike.
I paid £1k for a 20k miles bike and sold it for £1.5k with twice the mileage 18 months later. Probably my best investment yet.
Private signature, do not read
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

I did my 4 week Advanced course in North Wales 20 odd years ago, and one of their bikes was a Pan (they had Fazer 1000's, Blackbirds, and ZZR1100's). I found the Pan more comfortable than the others for 8 hour riding days. When national speed limits don't apply, they are quick enough, but not the quickest.

Alan Millyard has recently done a YouTube of him rebuilding the complete engine on his. He makes it look so simple, and clean too. Bastard!
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Jerzy Woking wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:30 pm I did my 4 week Advanced course in North Wales 20 odd years ago, and one of their bikes was a Pan (they had Fazer 1000's, Blackbirds, and ZZR1100's). I found the Pan more comfortable than the others for 8 hour riding days. When national speed limits don't apply, they are quick enough, but not the quickest.

Alan Millyard has recently done a YouTube of him rebuilding the complete engine on his. He makes it look so simple, and clean too. Bastard!
As a former serial CBR1000F owner, I rate the Blackbird highly. Give one a go if you ever get the chance.
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

Had a CBR1000F at work, and I really liked it, but it was got rid of as it was "too old" despite it never breaking down in over 70,000 hard miles.

I rode the Blackbird around Snowdonia and the Lake District during my course. I can't have been that impressed as I never wanted to ride it on my final assessment (did it on the Pan) not ever wanted own one. Don't know why that is, possibly the riding position didn't suit my shape.
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

DodgeRover wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:22 pm Find out who the insurer is - you can do it online and submit a witness statement and a claim for a new panel?
Don't know the plate-the witness didn't get it, but did clock it was RHD.

Only insured TPO here, as its 15 yesrs old and not worth much. Its normal here for drivers & riders not to buy full cover, even on relatively new cars
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Jerzy Woking wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:44 pm Had a CBR1000F at work, and I really liked it, but it was got rid of as it was "too old" despite it never breaking down in over 70,000 hard miles.

I rode the Blackbird around Snowdonia and the Lake District during my course. I can't have been that impressed as I never wanted to ride it on my final assessment (did it on the Pan) not ever wanted own one. Don't know why that is, possibly the riding position didn't suit my shape.
I thought that the early CBR600F rode totally differently to its 1000cc bigger brother. If I'm being totally honest then I'd say the 600 was the more fun bike to ride on anything other than a long motorway run.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

I think that the steel framed CBR600F deserves more appreciation for just exactly how good a bike it was when introduced.
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

I agree, the 600 seemed to be that fair bit sharper on back roads, could be pushed hard. Didn't have it at work long, because most other riders all wanted litre plus bikes, despite most of our work being in urban areas where smallef bikes win nearly all the time.

I worked with some right dicks who equated the bikes cc to their own penis length.