EBay Finds

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Re: EBay Finds

Post by mercrocker »

The above is why I barely bother to read car listings these days. Out of the five cars I most recently purchased, three were the late property of deceased gentlemen. Regardless of how they may have lived their lives I can guarantee not one of them posted up a full-of-shit advert prior to me buying their cars.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Yeah caught me there with a cheeky bid on the blue 928. I have been out bid now which is no surprise. Most of the auctions are written by the photorapher who I was told was a motoring "jounalist". Yeah it may be a load of bollocks but it does work and will get the best price for the seller. I will be punting my Jensen through one of their auctions once it is done. It costs more to have them photo and describe it but it is worth it as I would over describe it's faults and get a rubbish price. The last GT they sold they got 17k for and I have seen pictures of it before it was tarted up to sell. It was on the owners club site and was worse than mine. The good thing is they hide that area of the club forum to members only so it wouldn't of been spotted by most people who would of bid on it. This is also why there is a lack of photo's / progress reports on here about my GT.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
BenHar
Banned Grinch!

Post by BenHar »

panhard65 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:19 pm This is also why there is a lack of photo's / progress reports on here about my GT.
I hope you are saving them up to post after it's sold?

Ben
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

BenHar wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:16 pm
panhard65 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:19 pm This is also why there is a lack of photo's / progress reports on here about my GT.
I hope you are saving them up to post after it's sold?

Ben
In the members area
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

JimH wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:04 pm
I'll return to why every cunt flogging an old dog should be publicly flogged themselves for using the word "presents" another time
Indeed.

There are more crooks involved with classic cars than ordinary ones, just your typical horse traders/antique dealer twats. 928’s are just another one to avoid at this age. They’re not as awful as an XJS but there’s not much in it. As ever, you have to avoid the ‘honest projects’ (scrap) and dig deep for a low mileage low owner minter. They are only nice once.
JimH

Post by JimH »

The business is full of utter cocks who went to minor public schools but were too thick even for daddy to employ so set up a business sourcing investment grade classic cars. Fuck the fucking lot of them.

Requires minor recommissioning: The cracks in the filler are starting to show
Requires recommissioning: The serious structural corrosion has become apparent again
Would benefit from light restoration: There is barely enough to keep the paint in a vaguely car-like shape

If you are the sort of sad cock who hides in their garage mending things instead of going to the pub and talking to girls then fine but who buys that sort of shit expecting it to function as Stuttgart intended ever again?
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

I’d love to know where the word ‘recommissioning’ crept into the classic car lexicon.

It’s not as crap as auctioneers using the phrase ‘motor car’, pretentious arsewipes. You’re selling a slightly wanked 2600 Rover not a Silver Ghost you arse.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

The Reverend Bluejeans wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:48 am

‘Fuck That’ does indeed spring to mind. They were worthless for years for a reason.
Probably because they were out of favour. Who'd pay decent used early DB7 money for a 928 even though their production overlapped? Rewind another couple of decades and who'd pay top money for an Interceptor when you can buy a 928 even though there were probably a few Jensens still in stock back in '77.

I've always had a thing for front engined Porsche cars of that era.
bookmarks1.PNG
bookmarks1.PNG (41.36 KiB) Viewed 322 times
The EBay 924/8 search has been on my top search bar for 15 years.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Post by AMCrebel »

This is a bit of a crap example but it led me to much nicer one that sold for £7K, These seem criminally cheap - I wonder what is wrong with 'em.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (230.49 KiB) Viewed 315 times
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134359867010
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
FatherJack

Post by FatherJack »

I had a working 924, purchased for I think £350 or therabouts.
It had one or more water leaks but was owned by a mechanic so should have been in top order.. ?

The Mechanic turned up at the station in something French, might have been a 205 that reeked of petrol.
When I asked about the smell of fuel he said "the filler neck has a split so I need to slow down for right hand bends"
Despite all this fuel sloshing he had two kids strapped in the back.

My cheap 924 from this mechanic was a mobile pond.
I hit the brakes to check if they worked and there was sloshing sound, that much water was in the footwells.
It got me home and I ragged about in it for a couple of weeks but I noticed a couple of things.

You will never get let out at a junction in one.
Everybody wants to race you but you have nothing to answer with.

One day I decided to light the tyres out of a T junction, a heat shield shorted out the alternator which died immediatly.
So I bought another 924 from Ebay and sold waterworld to the guy that delivered my next Porsche.
The sale price was £5 for a 924 with MOT....
The smell from waterworld persisted in my old garage to the day it was flattend, I dont miss it.
It was a German TR7