The 'modern cars are shit' thread.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: The 'modern cars are shit' thread.

Post by Warren t claim »

bub2006 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:42 pm
angrydicky wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:59 pm Moving my parents Outlander out of the barn to get the P6 out earlier.
“Bong bong bong bong bong bong”
Pause

I’m manoeuvring the hateful lump a few yards on private land so I can get a proper car out which is blocked in behind it.
I will not put the seatbelt on. Fuck you, modern car manufacturers and their silly nannying ways, treating their customers like fucking imbeciles.
All these nannies on cars I think are why standards are slipping. Why pay attention when the car keeps itself in lane and auto brakes. Take 22 uear old sales rep out of his 300bhp audi s3 and put him behind the wheel or an anglia on cross plys. I'd give him 2 days.
Cars pulled up at night facing oncoming traffic with their dipped beams on as they have auto lights and an owner who doesn't know how to turn them off.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Exactly - there no longer seems any "Shit your pants" moments between warm, cosseting comfort and instant death.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

mercrocker wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:24 pm Exactly - there no longer seems any "Shit your pants" moments between warm, cosseting comfort and instant death.
It's quite difficult to die in a car crash driving a modern car.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

People manage it though which might not be so achievable if they got a good fucking fright or two in beforehand.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
christine

Post by christine »

White light showing to the rear ? .Brighton & Hove buses destination boards are dazzlingly bright leds, probably made in China .

Lost count of cars with ultra bright rear number plate lights , too . China 5 watt LEDS ? They're so bright the reflection masks the number .Is that the reason for using them ?
Jazoli

Post by Jazoli »

To counter this I had a brand new Citroen C4 on monday and I really liked it, it was a million times better than the DS3 crossover thing I had a couple of weeks back, it had a touchscreen but the climate had buttons and knobs, it was really comfy and I averaged 57mpg over 200 miles driving normally, which for a big (ish) hatch is pretty good, nice engine and gearbox combo too (1.2 pez 150bhp and 8 speed auto)

I actually considered signing up for one.
CBA
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Even the seagulls thought it was a load of shit
Attachments
PXL_20221201_174152415.jpg
PXL_20221201_174152415.jpg (327.74 KiB) Viewed 358 times
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

Warren t claim wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:47 pm
bub2006 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:42 pm
angrydicky wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:59 pm Moving my parents Outlander out of the barn to get the P6 out earlier.
Pause

I’m manoeuvring the hateful lump a few yards on private land so I can get a proper car out which is blocked in behind it.
I will not put the seatbelt on. Fuck you, modern car manufacturers and their silly nannying ways, treating their customers like fucking imbeciles.
All these nannies on cars I think are why standards are slipping. Why pay attention when the car keeps itself in lane and auto brakes. Take 22 uear old sales rep out of his 300bhp audi s3 and put him behind the wheel or an anglia on cross plys. I'd give him 2 days.
Cars pulled up at night facing oncoming traffic with their dipped beams on as they have auto lights and an owner who doesn't know how to turn them off.
Or 2 car families. One large car with everything electric and a small city car. Easy to tell because the little car is driven around at night time with only front drls illuminated and fuck all at the back.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Warren t claim wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:29 pm
mercrocker wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:24 pm Exactly - there no longer seems any "Shit your pants" moments between warm, cosseting comfort and instant death.
It's quite difficult to die in a car crash driving a modern car.
Unfortunately.....

The roads and society would often be improved if this wasn't the case
Private signature, do not read
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

Pause

EU legislated the seat belt bing-bong. The Rover 75 would have scored a full NCAP rating but Rover refused to put a bing-bong on it, so they marked it down. THE SHABBY BASTARDS