Classless cars that say nothing about you? Is there any? Were there ever any?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Re: Classless cars that say nothing about you? Is there any? Were there ever any?

Post by LynehamHerc »

It's a bit like magazines, my Practical Classics for November arrived a few days ago,
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Re: Classless cars that say nothing about you? Is there any? Were there ever any?

Post by mercrocker »

Ford shouldn't bother their arse - they still have about 40,000 unsold 2022 MY F150s apparently still waiting for microchips.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

I wonder if they'll end up being scrapped?
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Or "sold" to the Government?
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

mercrocker wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:24 pm Ford shouldn't bother their arse - they still have about 40,000 unsold 2022 MY F150s apparently still waiting for microchips.
Be ok with a proper carb fed V8 or a Detroit diesel fitted in them
Split_Pin

Post by Split_Pin »

Any Saab
Any Rover

The most classless cars I ever saw were a Talbot Alpine with the plate WG1 a Citroen AX with HKA 86 and a Rover 214 with SKS 223 (replaced with a Yaris). This was back when they were mid-life cars. All driven by old ladies.

I completely agree, anything like a Jazz, Civic, Nissan Pulsar, Volvo V40 with a pre 1963 number plate that has less than 5 or 6 digits is properly classless. The owners will almost certainly have sacrificed all their bonuses during their working life into pension contributions.

Having to drive a 15 year old Audi or BMW would definitely finish me off with depression. Utterly grim. Life is too short.

Most cars now are aspirational, even current Fords and Vauxhalls. As Oscar Wilde may have said were he to be asked the question, they're nearly all driven by folk from the gutter who are looking at the stars.

A Skoda is quite middle class now, by that I mean, people with children who are encouraged to be 'creative ' and read books.
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

Golfs.

A tidy condition Golf of any age or type makes it impossible to plgeonhole the driver. I know and do work for a lot of well off people, they’ve invariably got a Golf around the place. I also see a lot parked around both respectable middle income neighbourhoods and being driven by dodgy Scallies.
Bangernomics

Post by Bangernomics »

In summary then I should go buy a golf, a 5 series or an a4 estate (why they’re call avant ive no idea)

Gzongenflatch
Just when I thought I was out they dragged me back in.
captain_cal

Post by captain_cal »

Yep, I reckon any Mk5-onwards Golf GTI fits the bill. Of course any sign of a window tint or lowered spring marks them out as a scrote-mobile, like every! fucking! one! I've tried to buy recently.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

captain_cal wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:28 pm Yep, I reckon any Mk5-onwards Golf GTI fits the bill. Of course any sign of a window tint or lowered spring marks them out as a scrote-mobile, like every! fucking! one! I've tried to buy recently.
They are a perfect A CAR. If you have little interest in cars that wants a comfortable, smart and easy to drive vehicle, they fit the bill perfectly. With all those needs met, there is no need to sell that car until its terminally dead (or 10-20yrs old).

Thus the nice ones that are looked after won't be for sale as their owners still are getting use out of them.