Are You Sitting Comfortably? Ergonomics Wob.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Are You Sitting Comfortably? Ergonomics Wob.

Post by Warren t claim »

Despite being quite tall I've always managed to get comfy behind the wheel of pretty much any car, the only exceptions were a 1978 Triumph Spitfire, but I could manage to drive that when the standard wheel was swapped for a smaller Moutney item, and a Bedford Rascal Pick Up although the Rascal van was no problem. I've got long legs but a normal length torso meaning I fitted nicely in the driving seat of a MX5 and Porsche Boxter, unlike a former friend who was only an inch shorter than me who had a long torso and average legs.

Somewhat strangely, I find Minis and Metros pretty comfy along with Italian cars. My "best fit" has to be the Capri, they fit me like a glove.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
christine

Re: Are You Sitting Comfortably? Ergonomics Wob.

Post by christine »

Alfasud seats were reckoned to fuck your back up . I fitted a pair in a HA van but i didn't find them uncomfy tbh
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

christine wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:18 pm Alfasud seats were reckoned to fuck your back up . I fitted a pair in a HA van but i didn't find them uncomfy tbh
Early Xantia seats used to fuck my back up a treat within 20 minutes.
Sri05

Post by Sri05 »

I could never get the perfect seating position in my XJ300. Footwell was pretty cramped as I well despite the perceived luxury. The early SLK I had that didn't have a steering wheel adjuster wasn't much fun either. Knees kept hitting off it.

One of the best cars I've had for seating position and comfort is an R50 Mini :lol:
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

P2 v70 seats are the best you'll ever experience.
I had a new '02 berlingo work van at the last firm I worked at. It had the worst seats ever and I ended up like a cripple with the fuckers having to get out of it on my hands and knees and in pain all the time. 1.4 pez it was converted to lpg that it wouldn't fucking run on. The other plumber swapped me for a w reg berlingo and it was total heaven and my back was fixed in a day or two. The other plumber reckoned the seat was twisted and a bit riving and fucking on fixed it. This was a new fucking van and had me crippled. French cunts.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Vauxhall Omega I found incredibly comfortable, likewise the US inspired Ford Maverick we have now. Old Aussie XD-XF falcons are similarly comfortable even when fitted with the poverty or taxi pack front bench.
SRi Cavalier with recaro seats I blame for my bad back and not being able to sit straight in a car seat any longer
MGZT I couldn't drive for more than an hour without having a break, C class mercs were bloody awful.
christine

Post by christine »

911 tombstones are faultless too
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

The two man passenger bench seat in the Mk2 Transit is amazingly comfy too.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Pugrot 406 remain the worst seats I've tried in a car, they gave me back ache before I'd got out the parking space.

Worst thing overall to drive though was a shitrun C15. Utterly dire, the seats were wank, the pedals were at the wrong angles so it twisted my knees so bad I was limping after a 15min drive.

Most comfy was possibly the Mk1 Disco I had, I could drive that all day. The Scania Irisar I used to drive for a coach company was all day comfy & as easy to drive as a car too. Lovely thing & not even that bad on fuel for a coach, it'd scrape into the low teens occasionally as far as I recall.
Private signature, do not read
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

christine wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:40 pm 911 tombstones are faultless too
My Boxster seats fit me superbly - same seats as the 996 911 generation. Just about the right amount of bolster support to hold me in without moving about. Our old A4 on the other hand had chunky bolsters but the back was far too wide, so never properly grabbed. No doubt someone who is chubby will find the Boxster too tight and the A4 perfect!

My mates 2015 Focus ST3 seats have a surprisingly small back for a modern car and I imagine many will struggle to fit in one comfortably.