Downsizing is going well

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Broccoli

Re: Downsizing is going well

Post by Broccoli »

As a kid, I never saw the attraction in 2CVs, but starting to understand the reasons why they were built the way they were (French roads, the economy of the world at the time etc), I’ve really come to appreciate them mechanically and must confess to a bit of a hankering for one now.

I was looking at the cost of a new chassis for one, and it’s buttons compared to say Heritage body parts.

On my list if I ever get out of this States of America place.

Well bought! :)
(Also, why is it that there are so many pictures of top totty laying around, having picnics etc with 2CVs in the picture… In just the same way, you never see with a Subaru estate?… :lol: )
Nibblet

Re: Downsizing is going well

Post by Nibblet »

To me they have to be grey or at a pinch beige and corrugated. Then I could indulge in one, although I might find myself irresistably drawn to chore coats and a penchan for driving into swimming pools.
'Ever since the young men have owned motorcycles, incest has been dying out, and so has sodomy'.

'Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good."
Thomas Sowell