The Heirloom Laguna Deux - Gone

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
SiC
It's S small i C

Re: Revival of a free car

Post by SiC »

Here are a few pictures of this fine motor. To think others in my family saw this as a banger and only fit for scrap!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

This is why we got my Grandad to stop driving. Parking by touch rather than sight. I'll probably not get these bits painted or fixed up as they're part of the charm and history of the car for me.

bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

I quite like the look of these lags. I think the petrols are definitely the pick too. I'd never own one though as I'm sure it wouldn't even get home with my luck!
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

These drive really well, nice to be able to have your Grandad's car also. Be good to see one of these preserved, they are quickly disappeared. Partly my fault, I weighed mine in with 11 months mot, the ungrateful sod.
OMG U OK HUN?
Uncle Albert

Post by Uncle Albert »

Blue interior is strangely appealling considering most interiors these days are like the inside of a coal bunker.
SiC
It's S small i C

Re: The Heirloom Laguna Deux

Post by SiC »

The lovely Laguna is on the move. I've not got time for pre-booked MOT nonsense. Plus the risk is very high driving 100 miles in a 2000 Renault that's been sat for a few years.

Going straight to my local garage for an MOT tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed it will pass as I have a collection of another car/money pit on Wednesday. Can't really afford to chuck a lot of cash at this Laguna if it fails badly! But being a family heirloom, I feel rather compelled to.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

MOT was supposed to be tomorrow. However I did a quick check and it looks like they have done it already!

Bad news though, it failed... :(
Repair immediately (major defects):

Nearside Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (3.4 (b) (ii))
Offside Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (3.4 (b) (ii))
However it now has passed!! Not bad for a 17 year old Renault Laguna II.

I guess they've lobbed some new wipers on for me. Something I don't mind them doing without approval as gets it sorted quicker and less hassle. Saves going to buy some and then come back for the admin.

Still waiting for the call to let me know though!
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

This is by looking on the website I guess.
Every time I've looked it's taken at least a couple of days after the test for it to be updated, maybe the software has been updated or it takes a couple of days for the electrons to travel from Norfolk to Wales.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

DVSA is based in Bristol. Those carrier pigeons don't have as far to travel! DVLA website for tax & MOT status is taking a bit longer to update though.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Just driven the old girl home. Wasn't a bad drive. Had the usual early 2000s Renault feel of flimsiness and cheapness. 

I think some fettling is definitely in order. Idle is a bit lumpy but that's probably old fuel. 

Tyres are a bit square and definitely need replacing. To be fair they've been flat for two years. They have a fair amount of tread but they're only cheap Chinese death rings anyway.

Also forgot to tighten up the negative lead before I left the garage. This I left loose as it could be left off until it was delivered. Battery is a bit small for the job but should be sufficient for now. 

Main priority is to give it a good clean as it feels a bit grim motoring at the moment. Secondly is to figure out why the radio/satnav combo doesn't work at all either. Could do with a oil change too. 
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Well it's broken already! Anything electrical that is rear of the b pillar doesn't work. Except drivers side passenger window and rear lights...