What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
christine

Re: What did you do today?

Post by christine »

I had to change the wifes Golf rear beam bush , and it was a bastard getting the old one out .2 bloody hours before i got it out ! I pressed the new one in , making sure it was angled correctly , tightened it all up with a rattle gun , put the wheel back on and lowered it . Only it's sitting higher that side ... Fucking idiot , forgot you tighten them up under load sitting on the ground , or a jack under the arm... I had to do it all over again . No knocking now !!! Bliss..
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Bugger me is it difficult to find any modern porridge at the moment that mostly works and isn't fucked for reasonable money. Even something with a Vauxhall badge seems to be far more than it should be.

Just want a simple modern petrol as a cheap runaround as really could do with something over the winter. Need to sort the Bini but really lacking time to get it sorted. Also the Boxster is having its roof fixed soon and will be gone for a week or so down Devon.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

I pulled up to the fuel pump at Walmart and as I'm fueling up a slightly untidy looking guy comes out from the kiosk having paid cash to activate the pump next to me and fuel up the tank of his slightly ratty/dented/sun-beaten Ford Ranger.

I'm still filling my tank and he gets in, the dash bongs and bings and beeps at him furiously and then he starts the engine.

Holy moly

Poor engine has got two rods knocking so bad that it was the loudest thing around for a good distance. Raka raka raka raka raka. None of the dash lights went off, he put it in gear and drove off.

I think he was a little bit optimistic filling the tank, to be honest...
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
BenHar
Banned Grinch!

Post by BenHar »

SiC wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:28 pm Bugger me is it difficult to find any modern porridge at the moment that mostly works and isn't fucked for reasonable money. Even something with a Vauxhall badge seems to be far more than it should be.

Just want a simple modern petrol as a cheap runaround as really could do with something over the winter. Need to sort the Bini but really lacking time to get it sorted. Also the Boxster is having its roof fixed soon and will be gone for a week or so down Devon.
Bub's got a Clio in the for sale forum.

Ben
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Might have found something. Mates mum is getting rid of her 1999 206 GTi 140 she's owned from almost new for something else. Would get it for scrap money.

Well looked after and serviced on the button, but has lived under a tree. So utterly comedic levels of lacquer peel and paint loss.

Not sure Mrs SiC would approve but it would be nearly free. Just need to find someone to do a blow over.
Alf892

Post by Alf892 »

slowanimals wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:44 am IMG_20211011_114808.jpgTook this old heap out for the usual tobacco /bakery trip, almost certainly the furthest it's been for a year or more. Terrible clutch judder pulling away and brakes a little grabby initially, rather a nice old thing once rolling though. Smokes more than me, is that Engine Restore stuff that Quentin Slaphead used to endorse any good?IMG_20211011_114606.jpg
Wow! That is lovely…..a proper gentleman’s carriage
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

SiC wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:51 pm Might have found something. Mates mum is getting rid of her 1999 206 GTi 140 she's owned from almost new for something else. Would get it for scrap money.

Well looked after and serviced on the button, but has lived under a tree. So utterly comedic levels of lacquer peel and paint loss.

Not sure Mrs SiC would approve but it would be nearly free. Just need to find someone to do a blow over.
I think I'd need to find someone who will do a cheap blowover...
Attachments
image1.jpg
image1.jpg (483.56 KiB) Viewed 1411 times
image0.jpg
image0.jpg (547.86 KiB) Viewed 1411 times

Post by Guest »

SiC wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:00 pm
SiC wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:51 pm Might have found something. Mates mum is getting rid of her 1999 206 GTi 140 she's owned from almost new for something else. Would get it for scrap money.

I think I'd need to find someone who will do a cheap blowover...
I hear emulsion paint rollered on is quite effective
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

SiC wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:28 pm Bugger me is it difficult to find any modern porridge at the moment that mostly works and isn't fucked for reasonable money. Even something with a Vauxhall badge seems to be far more than it should be.

EURO4 CAZ-friendly modern porridge? HONDA JIZZ!
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Eddie Honda wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:13 pm

EURO4 CAZ-friendly modern porridge? HONDA JIZZ!
I'd rather drive a badly lacquer peeled 206 than a Jazz. I mean I have some street cred FFS!