What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
SiC
It's S small i C

Re: What did you do today?

Post by SiC »

It's been literally years since I listed something on eBay! Plus it's a classified ad, so unlikely to return eBay any more cash.

I have numerous classic car searches and one of which is local cars. Your Bentley does show up on it. Interesting on my watch list it doesn't show the price though? Does on the main listing.

Had another query a moment ago on the Clio again. Knowing my luck, I'll get all this interest and it'll decide to throw a wobbly, because French.
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

If you set the search right then you can find most things and will find it if the default best match is changed only ebay try very hard not to let you change that by always defaulting to best match everytime you search. I can find your clio if I search clio 172 it is about 3/4 of the way down the page. The top one is also Bristol and nearly twice the price. If I search clio sport then no sign of it, that is searching ebay best match.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

panhard65 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:38 am If you set the search right then you can find most things and will find it if the default best match is changed only ebay try very hard not to let you change that by always defaulting to best match everytime you search. I can find your clio if I search clio 172 it is about 3/4 of the way down the page. The top one is also Bristol and nearly twice the price. If I search clio sport then no sign of it, that is searching ebay best match.
I completely forgot to put Sport in the title. That won't be helping things.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

I think I know why I've had a lot of interest, there isn't many on eBay and mine might be a bit underpriced now in hindsight 🤣

Probably sky rocket by the end of the year knowing my luck.
slowanimals

Post by slowanimals »

This old thing was thrown together 62 years ago today, which made it the perfect choice for a trip to town for tobacco and baked goods. Lovely morning for it too.
IMG_20210716_095042.jpg
IMG_20210716_095042.jpg (585.46 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
Danthecapriman

Post by Danthecapriman »

slowanimals wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:43 am This old thing was thrown together 62 years ago today, which made it the perfect choice for a trip to town for tobacco and baked goods. Lovely morning for it too. IMG_20210716_095042.jpg
Why the fuck don’t they make cars look like that anymore. If they did I’d be buying new!
88 Volvo 740 2.3GLE
74 Ford Capri 1.6L
73 Mercury Marquis Brougham 7.0 V8
HMC

Post by HMC »

panhard65 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:52 pm Had a call last night just as I was locking up from a Greek bloke who was on his way to buddhafest (yeap a festival in a field for buddha fans) He had driven over from Greece in his mk4 golf and made it all the way until he encountered a rather steep hill on one of the little lanes just off the motorway. By the sound of it his clutch was in trouble so I took the truck and went off to find the bloke. He was almost there but for some reason the car just wouldn't pull away on a steep hill. He didn't mention the fact he had lost reverse gear as well but a quick look found the problem was just a gear selector rod had fallen off, he was trying to pull away in 3rd. All was good put the rod back on and all working. His sat nav had died so I offered to lead the way to the festival site and that was where things really went wrong. We are on a single track road and just as I jump in the truck some knob head comes round the corner and some how manages to hit the rear of matey's Golf with the back end of his van. This bloke then decides to drive round me a pull up only he failed that test as well and cut across the front of my truck and took my mirror out. Amazingly he actually stopped and the damage to my truck was nothing but the poor old Golf got hit just in the wrong place. It had a minor scrape on the rear bumper but the rear wheel was toeing in something rotten. So much for the nice easy little job, I then had to load the Golf up to take matey and all his camping gear to the festival. Today I have been fitting a secondhand axle. It would of been a much easier job if the replacement hadn't been sitting in a swamp for the last 2 years but it is almost done now. It also has turned into a nice little earner as the knob who hit it is quite happy with the 500 quid bill I told him to expect. £10 for the axle and 70 quid for new rear hubs I will do quite well out of it in the end.
More interesting that anything I’ve read on the beige in about a year or more.
1962 p4 80 // 1963 minor // 2005 streetwise
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Clio sold 😭

20 year old bloke came with his similar aged girlfriend - she came in a MK1 MX5 and equally interested in cars. Both really friendly and nice people. He paid £1950, so not far off asking. Completely clueless though and I had to go through with him on everything to look at 🤣

Then I went for a 40min drive with them as I got carried away on back roads. He had a short drive up our road as he didn't have proper insurance.

Anyway just gone. I'm going to miss it but needs must. Going to try finding a Bini now as Mrs SiC really wants one, most are Bristol CAZ exempt and I have enough toys myself anyway.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

A pity your Moggy Thou purchase isn't as slick.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

School Report Card wrote: SiC has sold 3 cars but currently have bought none so far this year. Must do better.

Grade: D-